Friday, September 20, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September

For this month, September 2019...

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Looking out my window...

...into the cars side mirror, a monsoon that was brewing over our son's area appears to be left behind. 


As we approached the I-10 headed for home, the first alert sounded on my phone...and just moments later another warning of what we were about to drive into appeared above the highway. 


It was surely going to be an exciting drive home! 

Just up the road, it began to rain buckets...


Not even the windshield wipers could keep up. We stopped shortly after, sat in the car for a bit until it let up so we could run in for some refreshments. As quick as it started, it ended and created a reminder that after any storm, there is a rainbow!


I am thinking...how wonderful it was to spend a week with the Mesa "Grand's." I'd been looking forward to it since they asked for my help.

I am so thankful...for the opportunity! I don't get to spend much time with them so I cherish every moment as much as I can. They're really some awesome kids! 

One of my favorite things...is photographing some of those moments...




...that included baseball practices, as well as his first game of the fall season. Watching a plant cell cake come to life, along with some yummy cake-pops, taking them to and picking them up from school, and a fun experiment. I wish we lived closer so I could do it more often.

I am creating...my own way through this Noom way of eating.


I'm slowly seeing results and know that it is a healthier life-changing experience that can possibly take a year to get to where I hope to be. Our grocery bill has been reduced, and counting those calories has become automatic now. My steps are slowly increasing and hopefully, when our cooler weather arrives, evening walks will take the place of my morning walks, which will help as well. I've been waiting patiently for hubby to get his new knee so he will be joining me. I'm still having a hard time with the red foods, but I am a lot better than I was in the beginning. I even got to buy a smaller size in my jeans, YEAH!

I'm still learning...how to crochet again!



Back in June, I began this subscription to crochet an afghan. It's taking me longer to get the squares done as planned, but I continue to push through. I'm having a hard time comprehending some of the directions, but with youtube to the rescue where once my mother would be able to help, I've managed to figure it out. She knew it all though, and at times like this, I wish she was still here!

I am wearing...the same blue floral and stripe print sundress I was wearing last month when I wrote my daybook. It really is the softest and comfortable dress, and it's become one of my favorites. 

I've been binge-watching...Heartland on Netflix. Have you seen it? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this series before? It's been on since 2007! I have 13 seasons to catch up on. It's been the perfect show to keep my energy up and not dwell on things I can't change.

I am hoping...all these tests that have been done over the summer will soon give us the answers and direction we've been waiting for. Or maybe not? It sure has been a roller coaster at times, along with figuring out a puzzle without the picture. 

In the garden...there really isn't much happening. With our high temps, it just doesn't allow me the ability to work it like I use too. In the morning hours, I water what hasn't died. Clear out what has. I have pots waiting for fall planting, which is fast approaching. I just need to get to the nursery for starters. Hopefully, next week, I can manage it. 

From the kitchen...seem to not apply right now. Limiting my time there is beneficial to my healthy eating. However, I think Hubby has something brewing. Last Christmas, I ended up with a free Insta-Pot that I still haven't taken out of the box. 



Hubby's been watching these segments on Good Morning America all week and wants to start using it. I am SCARED to death of it! Though I have never experienced any of the mishaps with a regular pressure cooker, I have seen what can happen, and this can do the same thing. If we were a family of five again, I might overcome my fear and consider it. But it is just us now, and we really don't need to cook that much food...Boy did I get an earful! Guess you don't have to be a large family or make a large meal in it! I have a feeling it might just be freed from its box.

Shared Quote...from Beth Moore's series, "Redefined" on TBN.



"Anybody tired of your pattern defining your person?"


I recently rejoined her program I had stopped watching about five years ago. In fact, I've been trying to "redefine" just who I am, again, and turned it on not knowing what the series was about!

With each new stage of this journey through life, it seems to include redefining some times, along with accepting, growing, discovering the new me that has risen from the ashes! I have no idea why I resist until the depression grabs hold, and I cry out to Him to reset my heart, but He's always ready for me. 

With the many avenues available today to meet up with someone along the path I am on, is always a Godsend. Be it a word prompt, a bible lesson that fits perfectly, a call from someone who didn't know how much I needed to hear their voice, He is working to make sure I don't lose my way, while I keep my head up and my eyes on Him.


See ya next month!



You can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,

and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails