Friday, August 2, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Five



Hard to believe it's already August!

This year is just zipping by. School has begun for some of the Grand's and coming soon for the others. A blended grandson graduated this last school year and starts Army Bootcamp this month, while our first grandson is beginning his senior year, and his graduation next June will arrive before we know it!

Our next three will graduate in 2022, and we have no idea how we will manage to attend them all. One lives here, one lives in Mesa, and the other is in Florida. Hopefully, the dates will be spread out.

We get to do the same thing nine years from now for the three youngest Grand's, who are all 3rd graders this year.

Summer is almost over, and fall is just around the corner. Looking forward to the cooler days it brings.

My timer is set...

"GO!"

I'd like to thank Kate for taking on this endeavor five years ago.

I found Five-Minute-Friday the spring/summer of 2017. I'd like to think God was nudging me to clink on a link on a blog I was reading, which led to another, and another. I wrote maybe a dozen times, and I stopped.

I had been in this funk, and it might have been that words just weren't forming in my head or heart. Health frustrations were dragging me down again, and I just stopped writing about my faith, my love for God, and focused on our journey through life. The book I've held over my head wasn't writing itself, and maybe its something that didn't/doesn't need to be written.

Then last year, after recovering from my broken shoulder, I saw a thing about 31 Days to Telling Your Story in October, so I joined in. I'd been struggling to write a book, and felt like I had no business even trying, since I don't write as well as others do, and the rest is history.

I fell in love with this group of Christian writers...

"STOP!"

...and I made a commitment that I will continue to keep working on that book after that. I also made a commitment to myself to writing along with her word prompt for the entire next year...and here I am.


Remember...

Click this link to visit Kate's blog.
Click this link if you want to join us.

Click this link if you want to read what other's wrote on the prompt. 

See ya' next week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for persevering in your writing. ;-) Your FMF neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails