Thursday, August 8, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ August

For this month, August 2019...

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Looking out my window...our view was different for a few days.



I am thinking...about how blessed my life is. God's grace upon us allows some of the most memorable moments. None of which could happen without the plan He has for us. Accepting His terms and conditions instead of what the world can throw at us, make all the difference. The worldly ways are not in our best interest. His are!

I am so thankful...for all things...



One of my favorite things...photographing my Mexican Bird of Paradise.


I created...my own temporary space to do some exercising in. Bought a yoga mat, some weights, more bands, and downloaded some videos. Starting out slow and gaining ground each week. It must be contagious cause hubby brought in his incline stationary bike. It's old like us, still works, no computer or power needed, but it's a start. I keep hinting I want a treadmill for the summer months, it's just too hot to walk outside most days.

Then a light bulb went off, what if we turn part of the stalled guest house project into an exercise area!

We'll see how far that thought travels. 

Add some prays, a plan, it could just happen!


I am wearing...a blue floral and stripe print sundress.

I've been watching...my weight go up and down, and then down and back up again! I got discouraged because I didn't think it was working, but I have managed to lose 11 pounds over the last eight weeks. That's over a pound a week.

Not bad! 

My weight graph might look like a snake slithering along the line, but the line is declining. It's a life-changing experience, not a marathon. A year from now, when we are on our Alaska Cruise, I should be at my target weight, in awe of not just our surroundings, but how good I will be feeing! 

I am hoping...all the preparations made turn out the way God has planned.

I've learned...to cherish all the moments I possibly can!

Time flies even faster when it comes to grandchildren...



These two are my oldest and my youngest grandchildren. One was the first grandchild, the other the last. Ones entering the third grade, the other starts his senior year. Life with an eight-year-old and an almost eighteen-year-old are so different.  The oldest does enjoy and likes teaching his younger brother about things. Watching them work as a team just tickled my heart and filled my soul. 


When building a sandcastle, always start it between the watermarks left from the high tide. Add a moat and a canal. Then when the tide begins to rise, it fills it up. 

Eventually, the sea takes back what you built...



In the garden...I've just been trying to keep what's left of my little patio garden alive! Our summer might have started out cooler than average, but boy has it been sizzling lately. 


I moved what wasn't baked to the shade.

My Hens and Chicks, the green kind not the two-legged ones, were struggling.


We had our first monsoon go past us yesterday.


Only got a dozen drops of rain, minimal wind, the humidity level made it sticky, but eventually, it will be what helps to cool us down. 

From the kitchen...we continue to buy healthy. No more chips or cookies in the cupboard. Bread goes bad before we can eat it since we rarely do. It's been weeks since I have had pasta, but I plan to make it a reward of chicken alfredo when I can get those darn RED foods calorie count down and under control.


Shared quote...


A few moments from my days... 







See ya next month!



you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails