Friday, July 26, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Middle


The first thing that I thought of when I learned what the word was this week was;

"Stuck in the middle with you..."
 by Stealers Wheels

"GO."

In the middle of a book.

In the middle of a bible study.

In the middle of a movie.

In the middle of a song.

In the middle of dinner.

In the middle of housework.

In the middle of the road.

In the middle of a storm.

In the middle of a conversation.

In the middle of _______________________________

Fill in the blank!

It seems like we are always in the middle of something.

One thing I am not is STUCK in the middle!

I wasn't sure what band wrote that song or if they had any other hits. Until today, I never knew who actually sung it. I have just heard it many, many times.

After all Rock and Roll is here to stay!

However, so is God!

If I were stuck in the middle, having Jesus on one side and God on the other, I surely wouldn't be calling them jokers or clowns.

Along our journey, we have traveled many miles over the years. Often, there might have been some jokers to our left or hilarious clowns to the right.

Yet, all I can do is smile!

"STOP."

Don't get stuck in the middle! Keep going, you're halfway there!

UPDATE:
Sat 10:30 AM

Eight PM is late when you wake up at the crack of dawn when I posted this last night. Usually, I would have expanded on the raw, unedited thoughts as the exercise goes, helping them make more sense, where they might have come from, but I was just so tired.

We've all been stuck at one time or another. We might be stuck because we ran out of materials or money. Sometimes it's because of medical stuff that needs dealt with, or possibly work. Imagine that! The book had to be put down for a number of reasons a number of times. Stuck, more like stop in the middle of bible studies, for very personal reasons. Getting through the storms takes time. As for the middle of the road, we tend to pull over.

Whatever the reason, it's only for a time. A time to take a breath. A time to reflect. A time to pause, pray and be thankful your stuck in the middle with the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit!

And I have no idea where stuck in the middle of dinner came from, what a hoot!

Have a great weekend.

Remember...
Click this link to visit Kate's blog.
Click this link if you want to join us.

Click this link if you want to read what other's wrote on the prompt. 

See ya' next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails