Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ April



Looking out the hospital window... little did I know this would be my view longer than planned.


It did change the second time around.


Those mountains in the background are the same mountain I view every day, only closer.

I am thinking... it was supposed to be a routine surgery. In and out the next day. Only a hematoma (first described as a cyst) was found, causing them to go back in and clean it up.
So, I again wait for him to come back.


I am so thankful... he was able to go home hours later.



I am wearing... lounge pants, not my LulaRous, and a basic tee. For the last week, my dress was not as casual, I actually had to put together outfits each day, fix my hair, and appear as if all is right with the world.

I am creating... a routine of that of a caregiver. Something I am used to receiving, not being. It feels good to be able to do for him, what he has done for me.

I am watching... my all perennials blooming. I shared a few last month of the ones in my yard.
The bougainvillea along the driveway is so vibrant this year!


I am reading... the direction for wound care, about the therapy and exercises he is to begin doing, what cautions to watch for, and what to expect after a laminectomy.

I listened to... the voice in my head that something was not right!


After calling the care nurse, it was suggested I bring him back.
Besides being severely dehydrated from his bathroom visits every 10 minutes for the last 36 hours, they also found blood clots in his leg.

I am hoping... things improve over the next 24 hours. Blood clots were not supposed to be part of his recovery. 



I am learning... I am stronger than I think I am! An IVC filter was put in place to catch and reduce the clots. Once again I wait for him to come back.

In the 4H garden... there was an abundant of artichokes available.


From the hospital's kitchen... I loved their Taco Salad!



One of my favorite things... was all my prayer warriors. I couldn't have gotten through this without them.

Shared Quote...


Ephesians 2:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 comment:

  1. I read your Daily Journey Through Life. I enjoyed your scripture. It says volumes. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails