Friday, April 12, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Lack



Ready, set, GO!

Continuing from last week, the lack of information created a merry-go-round for us. At one point, I actually wanted to change rides! 

Can I at least get on the rollercoaster? 

Unlike the merry-go-round, that only goes around and around, while the horse takes you up and down. The rollercoaster can at least be exhilarating. As it takes you up, up, up as if your heading for the heavens, then, when you see that there is no more track, it takes down, twisting and turning as it goes up and down. It can also flip you upside down while in a spiral. Being scared, and happy, crying and laughing, are experienced at the same time.

What's the difference? The rollercoaster allows me to scream! That gut-wrenching, top of my lungs scream! 

Rarely is anyone screaming bloody murder while on the merry-go-round! 

Regrettably, I had to take hubby to the ER the following Saturday afternoon. He had been given antibiotics twice last week during the two surgeries to protect him from any infection that could develop. We thought maybe they had overridden the good stuff in our abdomen, which caused him to become dehydrated from the constant trips to the bathroom. Then overnight his leg began to bother him again. By 6:00 PM he was readmitted to the hospital with blood clots in the leg.

Since this was the same thing we had gone through at the beginning of when we lost his mom, it was like a déjà vu for me, creating yet another panic attack on my part. Whatever needed to be done, wasn't nor couldn't be done fast enough for me. The three doctors treating him had a difference of when to insert an IVC filter that would catch and reduce any clots that might break off and head for his lungs. 

There was no lack of faith on my part during this scary time; however, hubby was having a difficult time. He was worried about the outcome of this part of the journey, and rightfully so. Rarely has he got caught in such a storm; usually, it's me who had the complications and setbacks. Now the table was turned, and I was the one at the realm, reaching out for prayers, and assuring him that God has this under control. Even our prayer warriors were now on overtime. 

STOP!

How to stay focus on this weeks word, lack, with a gazillion thoughts running through my head as to where and when I could apply it, dwindling five days into five minutes was a challenge. 

I believe he might have met God this last week! He mentioned Him often. And not in a sarcastic way either. It created yet another step forward, allowing one of the many seeds planted to begin to grow. He showed no lack of faith, and in everything, he was grateful, praising Jesus, showing patience and understanding. 

As for me, I never lost my faith in God, or in my hubby.


Let's pray he is now on the mend. 

1 comment:

  1. Visiting as you FMF neighbor. Sounds like quite a roller coaster. Hoping and praying for a full and quick recovery for your husband. Doesn't sound like you were lacking in faith during the ordeal.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails