Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday~More


Sorry for being late in posting, but we were out adding more adventures to our journey this last week.

Without further ado, I'll get right to FMF's prompt word, more...

GO...

What a great time we had!

I had my laptop with me with all intentions of getting some writing done. Only I never opened it until Sunday night to get a jump on editing all the photos I had taken. 

I always end up with more than I think I have.

I used to think I wanted more. 

More money. 

More clothes.

More accessories.

More furnishing.

None of which I really needed. 

What I needed was more memories and more time to create them. 

More adventures with those who make up my world.

And most of all, I wanted to learn more about what God wants of me, and what more I can do to honor Him. 

He has always been a part of my life, even when I ignored Him, He made Himself known. He wanted more of me during a time I didn't know which way to go let alone know what he wanted. Instead of moving further away, He was moving me closer to the life He has had planned for me all along!

I believe He loves that I want and need Him more!

STOP!

*          *          *          *         *

Yesterday I had one of those God moments that we all would love to have more of. They are always there, we just need to slow down to see them.

We had to come home right after the race got over Sunday. Having already packed up before we went in, all we had to do was basically hook up the truck. Hubby had tests the next morning, bright and early.

When I went to leave, to meet up with him at the doctor's office, I sat my wallet on the hood of my car while I ran back into the house for the keys. I came out, walked around the car, and left. When I noticed I was going to be a few minutes late, I went to grab my wallet to call Hubby, and instantly my heart started to pound!!!! 

I knew exactly what I had done!!!

I said so many prayers and in so many ways all the way from Ave B and 24th to Ave D and 8th Street. Racing at 70 miles an hour at one point, oops!!! Praying,  and hoping it fell off in the driveway. Or on the side of the road. Anything but being found by someone else. I prepared myself for all the scenarios. As I prayed, I also felt Him calm me and allow me to accept the fact that this might possibly be the time I will actually lose my wallet and phone. I prayed for patience to get through this and the strength to handle all of what it would mean. Losing my wallet would have been the worse and the last thing I needed right then. 


As I approached our driveway, I saw it, in the middle of the road. Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It thankfully landed between the double yellow lines in the busy street right in front of our driveway. Had the yard guys left they would have run over it. If anyone decided to pass a slower car, they would have run over it too. (Double yellow lines which mean do not pass, are not followed on this stretch of the road. I honk at them all the time!) 

Though the phone did fall out of my wallet, it DIDN'T break!!!! Not even a scratch!!! (I don't have a screen protector or case on my phone.) Nor did anyone run it over!!! 

It was also chiming as it was the time I usually pick up my granddaughter, LOL! 

More and more, I notice Him watching out for me, saving me from myself, LOL!

He is the LOVE of my life!

He. Is. An. Awesome. God!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love the thought of more memories and time to create them! Stopping by from FMF #58 this week. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails