Thursday, October 11, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenger for October ~ Door


The timer is set, and here I go...

Through yet another door...

Actually, I just want to run in the other direction!
We knew years ago these doors would eventually be in our lives.

We have already been through so many doors throughout our journey.
Some brought growth, while others were meant to protect.
Some lead us in directions we didn't know where.
Some we had to lock, keeping out what we didn't need to deal with.
Some of the doors that were closed weren't locked. 
A simple knock, a friendly welcome, was all that was needed.

We will always open the door if someone has knocked. If we knew they were coming, most times, they didn't even need to knock. They would be greeted upon their arrival.
If we were busy, a shout out of, "It's open, come on in!"


Going back through a door that was once closed, might not be easy. Just knocking on that door can bring butterflies fluttering in the tummy. 

Beep, beep times up!

Boy, my words typed per minute are low these days!

After these things, I saw a door standing open in heaven. The first voice that I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 
                                                                                              Revelations 4:1

 When I flatlined 18 years ago, where I went had to be heaven.
Being outside the gates of what I could only describe as heavens gate.
Upon a bench under a beautiful tree sat my grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and aunts.
Our visit was brief, but I will always remember the last words they said, 
"It's time to go back. You have work yet to do."

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  

Today's writing prompt was "Door."


For more information on the challenge click here.

2 comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails