Friday, October 12, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ FMF


I will also link up with FMF today, click here.

I'm just going to jump right it...

GO!

I LOVE to praise God.

Had He not sent His only son for me to find a way back to Him,
I'm not sure I would have been worthy of heaven.

John 14:5-7 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Until I met my ancestors on that bench, I was always taught there was a heaven,
but from then on, I KNEW there is a heaven.

If I was to understand what work I still needed to do, I had to start at the beginning. I surrounded myself with His words every day. I began joining Bible Studies to learn more. Going deeper into the messages that I had ever experienced. Though my mom shared her faith deeply, I'm not sure she knew how to handle what was happening. Learning to understand her, helped me understand myself, and allowed Gods words to heal and bring growth from it.

On any given day, I can send up many praises and numerous times a day.

From the traffic light being in my favor to witnessing a tender moment.

That a test result was better than expected.

A tree blowing over from Hurricane Rosa and landing in the yard instead of on our roof!

Never, does a moment like those or any go by without praising Him first.

Stop!

Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.[a]
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.
This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  

Today's writing prompt was "Praise."


For more information on the challenge click here.

1 comment:

  1. There are so many reasons to praise Him! Stopping in from the #20 spot this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails