Thursday, October 4, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Why


Good prompt!

Why do I believe in God?

From a young age, I was taught a faith that would grow strong within me.

Even when the church protected my abuser,
I went to other churches to find safety for my soul.
I didn't know then what I searching for.
I was just a young girl trying to figure out
why my world was different from others.

Why?

When my 'why' went unnurtured, it was blanketed by a doubt.
That doubt drove me to places a young girl shouldn't have gone.
For a few years, I drowned myself with those waves of uncertainty.
Why would I become this person who at a time knew where she wanted to go.

Had God not been my true father, one I could go to when there was no one else,
I wouldn't be where I am today.

Why wouldn't a confused, yet driven young girl turn to Him
when she was over her head.

Because He loved me more then I loved myself at that time.
The words I heard from His side were stronger than the words coming from those who didn't want the truth to be told.
They were trying to tear me down,
while at the same time God was building me up.

Why did it take the birth of my own daughter to pledge to Him,
she will NEVER go through what I had.

Why?

Because now, I can see what His love grows!

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  

Today's writing prompt was "Why."


For more information on the challenge click here.

2 comments:

  1. Your words were very touching today, Elizabeth. So glad our Father loves us so much!!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails