Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Voice



Timer set...go!

I can honestly say I have my own voice!


Maybe when I was younger, not knowing where I was heading, I tried to be like someone else, but as I learned, it didn't last long. Being in counseling for so many years, helped me see me, and others as who they are. As I journey through, there were and will be some still, who don't "get" me. And that is fine. Maybe I don't get them either!


At times, my writing seems to be just how I actually talk, and I hope that is how I am heard. One problem with having a thyroid problem is my voice is coarse, crackly or broken. It's hard to describe, but I do wish I could be more soft-spoken. My mom was like that. However, I also learned I can't be heard at all then, and I'm asked to repeat it. Sometimes, it's like this voice doesn't match my heart. So I tend to remain quiet the older I get. Maybe that is why I type like I am talking because the words don't come out my mouth or as well as they do in type. I don't have a delete or auto-correct software, to make sure it is proper. Sometimes I amaze myself that something came out completely different than how I was thinking it!

I see this book as my voice for what wasn't heard, for what was ignored and how a loving and forgiving God has kept me close. Now my voice is for Jesus, who kept walking beside me, making sure my journey would take me where needed. I'm still not the best voice He has, but He knows I am the best I can.

Wow, I got a couple more sentences in this time before the timer said to stop!

Day 30, leaving one more day of this challenge.

Being the next couple months will be rocking busy,
I hope I can post other stuff more often as we continue moving ahead. 
I hope you all check in from time to time to see what we have been up to.


Verse of the Day
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  


For more information on the challenge click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails