Sunday, October 14, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Ask








 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.



Earlier this year, we had prayed and planned
on some adventures in honor of our 40th Anniversary.
After the first one, an accident should have canceled all of it until I was healed.
With so many prayers being said, and by God's Grace the trips were made.
 With it came a whole new understanding of His power. 
Not everything happened as planned, and they might seem to be small adventures to some, but to us, they meant so much more.

Asking Him!

Asking Him to soften my hubby's heart, and it's been softened.
Asking Him to send the right people for the job, and He has.
Even when we thought Angel was sent to us by Him,
we soon learned she was not who He had sent.
Her leaving before she even started,
opened the door for the two guys we received next.
Their need for a job was more significant than hers. God knew it, we learned it.
When my daughter and hubby start to worry when there is
nothing on the board for the following week, I say asked Him.
Sure enough, the phones begin to ring and not only did it fill the week,
but it also filled the next week as well. 

We have asked in His name, and He has given it to us.
We sought out and found what we needed, more times then I can count.
We've knocked on so many "Doors," and they have opened for us in one way or another.
It wasn't always as we had asked, but it was what He knew we needed.
Our journey through life wouldn't be what it has been and what it will be without Him.

Stop!

Went a little over as my experiences with Asking Him, just kept coming out.

I wanted to add, besides asking Him, I still need to ask others as well.
If it's getting hard for me to do something, I need to ask for help.
Since the accident, I am getting so much better at it.
This last week, I hired myself a new yardman. 
Hubby had used this other guy for our rental, and he was supposed to come to do ours.
Three times he set a date, and three times he didn't show, nor did he call.
Our daughter's friend started using this father/son team and has been pleased,
so arrangements were made for them to come out.
Unfortunately, no one called me.
When they came, I thought they were the first crew.
I was really confused.
Merely asking the right questions cleared it up quickly.
Not only did they do the regular weekly chore,
they removed all the downed limbs from Hurricane Rosa.

Asking Him questions helps us learn.
Helps us with directions.
Even those split-second decisions are more comfortable when He is part of the conversation.

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  


For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails