Sunday, January 29, 2017

Chinese New Year - Year of the Rooster

A blog I read reminded me that yesterday was also the Chinese New Year. Seems it is the year of the rooster and includes those born in 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. I mean I don't usually follow this kind of stuff. But this was kind of creeping me out. 

First I have LOT'S of rooster constantly hanging out. Not that it has anything to do with the Year of the Rooster. Just that my life is full of them. Some people have feral cat's or rabbit's, I have feral roosters and chickens. There is this trailer park behind us where their tenants seem to be allowed to have them. Only they don't keep them cooped. Complaining gets me no where since they don't speak English. They are seasonal crop workers and when they leave, guess what? Yep, they leave the roosters and chickens behind. We have had eggs laid in weird places, just like the turkey's did. It is just something we deal with living where we do. One plan is to set out nesting boxes and collect eggs. Another is to actually build a coop of our own. However that would create limits on traveling and this year is to be a year of back roads and weekend trips.

Second, and what I found really weird was, my mom was born in 1921 and my mother-in-law was born in 1933. Two women who can be described as...

"...Kind-hearted, flexible, hard working, independent, observant, honest, talkative, open, generous..."

I'm honored to be in their company. 

It continued to say...

"....2017 is the year of the Chinese Fire Rooster, therefore, those born under this sign will be experiencing more spiritual lessons than any other sign of the zodiac throughout this year....

....Two stars benefiting Roosters this year are Jiangxing and Jinkui, which bring success and luck in leadership and also support to ensure creative endeavors run smoothly."

Hmmm! How tempting it is to fall for or follow such things. I remember during those teen years we dabbled in it, but then we grow up. I've read old horoscopes to find they might have been pretty close, but things happened how they did without knowing it anyhow. 

With all the answered prayers we seem to receive, I think I'll be sticking to my regular prayers for my future. With God, I know where I will be going.

Happy Chinese New Year!
*NOTE* ~ Three post in one day. One I had done last week and forgot to post. One about yesterday and then this one. Am I on a roll? Could be it's because I have a place to write again. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails