Tuesday, April 9, 2013

They Hatched!

Well not the ones from January, in fact she is still sitting. Will talk to the neighbor about taking the eggs so she will move on.

I’m excited because the ones that were laid under the kids bikes…

IMG_7363  IMG_7388  IMG_7406

…began hatching this morning.

First I got a call as hubby left for work that there was a turkey in the field with babies. I ran out with my camera…

IMG_7873      IMG_7882

…but only got a few pictures before it died.

As I went out I noticed it was not the one we have been watching among the toys, she was still sitting there. But as I came back into our yard I stopped to talk to her and to my surprise, out popped a baby. It had just hatched, probably while I was out snapping pictures of her sister and her babies. The baby still looked very wet. Since my batteries had died on my camera, I snapped a picture with my phone and I ran back into the house to reload my camera.

908276_10201052050447677_676747193_n

For the next few hours, this is what I watched…

IMG_7895  IMG_7913  IMG_7921IMG_7926 IMG_7933IMG_7941 IMG_7942IMG_7943 IMG_7955

As of 2:00p.m. we’re up to 5 or 6 of the 11 have hatched. Hard to tell since they kind of all look alike and they keep going in and out from under her. It has really been neat to watch. I keep checking on her every hour. I’ve watched the first one squeak it’s first chirp and get up on its little feet and take its first steps.

IMG_7978

I don’t really know what I am doing. Most thought they wouldn’t hatch. I have read a lot and have listened to others and am thinking these little chirper's just might be hanging out for a while.Going to head to the feed store and get a few supplies to make them more comfortable and we’ll just see how this winged adventure flies on Our Journey Through LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails