Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Time To…

 

Celebrate!

A new Pope.

Though not a practicing Catholic, the religion was my foundation for just over 30 years.

As I was writing this post, the ticker across the TV  announced there is a new Pope.

smoke_635x250_1363198285

So I stopped writing and tuned in…

“Habemus Papam” meaning “We have a new Pope”

Jorge Mario Bergoglio,

220px-Card__Jorge_Bergoglio_SJ,_2008

(born December 17, 1936)

Is the current pope of the Roman Catholic Church, elected on March 13, 2013, and taking the regnal name of Francis. Prior to his election, he served as an Argentine cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. He has served as the Archbishop of Buenos Aires since 1998. He was elevated to the cardinalate in 2001.Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio

I love the name he chose. I had an Uncle Frank and loved his spirit. Francis was a name and/or a surname throughout many generations of our family. A very strong name.

“Frances rebuild my church”

It is also A Time To…

Celebrate Spring!

Besides Christmas, Easter and all it brings is in a tie for my favorite time of year. Second would be Halloween/Harvest time. And if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you have already seen all our spring color before. No doubt this year will bring the same.

Before I get onto how spring has sprung around here, I want to share one of those awe moments…

IMG_7320

Twice a week I have the opportunity to drive my son to his office. I have come to really enjoy these drives. Sometimes it is just quite, like we both have nothing to say and it’s ok. Then other days we can get into some deep conversations. Even when we don’t totally agree on a certain issue, I love that we respect each others.

When I was a child, I use to speak like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.” (1Cor. 13:11)

I’m reminded of the days when I would drive my kids to school, though just blocks away and surely walking distance, it was more for the conversations, the time together, that I recall. I love talking to my children, and now my grandchildren during a drive. First, they a seated and unable to get up and run off. Rather hear or not, the words are spoken, some will take seed and grow. Other’s might become wildflower seeds, kind a flying around for a bit until they take seed and start to grow when you least expect them.

How is not nurturing your child like that of a garden. Plant and sow some of the most wonderful things, then nurture and love and watch them grow.

So spring has sprung and not at all as I had hope for in my actual garden. (still a work in progress)

IMG_6567

But it has surely in the garden of my family. I have witnessed the growth God had planned.

Jeremiah 29:11 (my daughters favorite verse since she was probably 12 or so).

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I LOVED my 30’s! (1987-97). With all things learned from my twenties, applying them to my 30’s, it was one of the best decades of my life. Those years brought a tremendous amount of spiritual growth from some pretty darn, no down right awful situation's. Even with those clouds, we found the sunshine! We were able to embrace and enjoy so many moments that nothing would ever be able to tarnish or destroy it. Praise God!

My children were awesome and brought a daily dose of excitement, intrigue, adventure, even some really crazy times, you know those hair pulling, close your eyes and say a prayer for patience moments, but we were a family. A recovered family with dreams and goals and a journey that was, oh going to be so awesome. Album after album documents almost each and every moment of it. Sure our forties were flirty and fun. The kids were even more. And the fifties have been kinda nifty, but those thirties, of roller coasters, hikes, camp outs, bike rides, boat rides and car drives that included so many conversations, will always hold a special place in my heart.

So today as I drove home after dropping him off, the conversation along our way was replayed in my mind, bringing about the days of when. Those days are coming around full circle and now I get to have them with grandchildren and adult children. Planting more seeds. All will be added to the memory book of praises to God for continually guiding us along the way.

“Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.” (Psalms 130:7)

A Time To…

Celebrate the circle of life!

Not only conversations, but activities.

Our twins played trombone from grammar school through high school. We have been to just as many concerts and band reviews as parents of the football players had been to games and rallies. When the “Grand” Bug decided he wanted to play an instrument upon entering the 5th grade, he picked his uncles trombones.

Last evening we were back at the Junior High our boys went to for our grandsons concert.

IMG_7342IMG_7350IMG_7351

Counting our blessing along Our Journey Through Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails