Friday, September 10, 2010

I Can't Believe...

No! It's not butter!

It's been almost a year since I started blogging frequently. I really began a few years earlier but would only blog updates of my health every 3-6 months. Then last year my daughter and I were putting together our first Halloween party for the kids and soon after she introduced me to NoBloPoMo. I challenged myself for the entire of month of November to write a blog every day and well the rest is history. As I went back to grab the links it reminded me of all the struggles we were going through then. What a difference a year makes. We have grown and overcome so many of them that life seems to be just as God had planned for it to be.

So here we are and guess what we have been talking about...yep, our 2nd annual Halloween Boo Bash. Since I save most of the decorations from party to party, it won't be tough pulling it off this year. In fact, after the BaBy-Q Shower, I told my hubby I was just going to leave up the corner table we used for the candy buffet.


I don't think he caught on to my reasons as he commented that Christmas was a ways off. You see, he had made it for me last year to display my village.

Little did we know it would come in handy for so many other things...Not just the shower candy buffet but now a Halloween Candy Buffet. Last year with the dining room being under construction our buffet was on top of the hutch covered by a tarp, covered with a festive covering.


This year I won't have to decorate around any construction at all. I am so excited!

I even found our first goody to create. These are from Taste of Home and will be so simple dimple to make.


Ingredients


1/2 cup vanilla frosting, divided
36 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
12 large marshmallows
1 drop each green, red and yellow food coloring, optional
1/4 cup flaked coconut
12 chocolate wafers
12 miniature peanut butter cups
12 milk chocolate kisses

Directions

For the face of each witch, place a dab of frosting on the bottom of three chocolate chips; press two for eyes and one for nose onto each marshmallow.

For hair, combine green food coloring and a drop of water in a small resealable plastic bag; add coconut and shake well. Spread a small amount of frosting on sides of marshmallows; press coconut hair into frosting. Place 3 tablespoons of frosting in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Set aside.

For hats, spread some of the remaining frosting in the center of chocolate wafers; press peanut butter cups upside down into frosting. Lightly spread bottoms of chocolate kisses with frosting; place on peanut butter cups. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe stars around the base of each peanut butter cup. Secure a hat to each witch with a dab of frosting. Yield: 1 dozen.

Hang on tight...there will be a lot going on around house this year.

1 comment:

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails