Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Some days just don't go as planned! I can wake with the desire to do this or that, go here or there, but then reality hits and I am once again limited with my expectations or accomplishments.

Years ago, this would really get me down. Not anymore! Especially when those in my life can fill the voids or make me a part of something when these boundaries are raised.

As you know, my daughter went on vacation with my brother, actually the met up at Disneyland. I really wanted to go. I mean I would have done just about anything to be able to but there was just no way. It's one of those times where I had to make one of those great choices in life. There was a lot of reasoning within me to help sooth my disappointment that I would not be able to go. After all, had I gone with them I would have been to tired or in too much pain for what was coming just days after that trip. So I counted my blessing.

While they were on their exciting trip, they kept me a part by way of texting and pictures. It was like I was there. I counted my blessings.

Once they were home and their pictures were being uploaded, it was wonderful to see how much fun they had, but I felt a bit left out. Instead of allowing those feeling to overcome the joy of seeing their fun, I put together a collage for my brother and daughter.
After I finished it I sent it them and got this response....

SIL: DAMN YOU!

ME: Why?

SIL: Your brother wanted all these stupid pictures taken with the kids, we even made Bryan stand by them the next day when he was with us so he could put them together for you for a present.

Well I didn't find the pictures stupid at all. I told her he still can and that I would love his gift. After all I'm sure his gift will be much better. So again I counted my blessings. Though I wasn't with them, I was. I am so lucky to have all them in my life and I can't wait for his gift.

I also made my daughter a collage of their day on the beach...


Counting my blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails