Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's Up With...?

What's up with this?

I lost 2 followers!

I don't know why and honestly I don't even know who. It's not like I don't care, it's just that I can't figure out who. I don't normally do a roll call or anything.

Most, if not all my followers came from the hops, linkys or meme's I participate in and though thankful they hit my follow button, I think it is just part of blog land. I myself have stopped following other's when after a while I find that we just don't have much in common.

So, Maybe I am not interesting enough for them.

I mean, I mainly write about my wonderful 'Grands'. To some that could be boring. To me, it is what this blog is about...Our Journey Through LIFE!. They are a big part of our life, so hence, it's about them.

It's easier for me to post pictures and add captions then it is to write an article on this or that. And if I did that, write more opinionated post, then it wouldn't be Our Journey Through LIFE!

So to those 2 people who left, I am sorry to see you go and I hope you will stop by from time to time to see what we have been up to. To those who stop by and don't follow, it's cool. There are many blogs I read that I don't follow. You are welcomed to check me out anytime.

What's up with this?

Yesterday was yard work day. Usually nothing to really blog about. Besides, who wants to read about this part of Our Journey Through LIFE!

I managed to get the turtle habitat cleaned up
and ready for the season since their hibernation is over.


However,
for some reason,
their automatic watering system isn't working.

What's up with that? 

So off to Home Depot we must go
and get a new valve so these little guys have their water.

What's up with this?

While I was in the house cleaning floor,
(ugh, still no housekeerer so I must do it myself)
hubby remained outside burning the weeds.
Now usually this little gizmo works great.




He's been burning our weeds this way for years,
but never has anything like this happen...


Seems that one of the weeds smoldered
and eventually errupted into flames.
Burning up my cactus skelton and melting the pool storage box.

When I saw my hubby running past the window...
I wondered...

What's up with this!

When I looked out the window and saw the 8 foot flames,
I immediatly ran out to help drag the hose,
got smothered in smoke when it finally got put out,
and no I did not grab my camera until after it was out.

What's up with that!

So how was your weekend?

Was it as exciting as ours?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the fire didn't get worse! I went to a plant and art show in a small town not too far from us. Picked up 3 plants and a pair of earrings (latter a gift for a friend.) Since my daughter was with me, we went across the street to our favorite antique store. It was fun and my eyes always are tired after looking at all the wonderful things from the past! I'm glad dau and I share this fun thing! :-) Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a follower and read every day but rarely comment because sometimes there's something to say and sometimes there isn't but I always read!
    I'm happy that Bella is enjoying life with you, she's a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails