Sunday, February 14, 2010

With a Little Help From Friends!


I think I have mentioned it a few time, we are die hard NASCAR fans. Well maybe not fully die hard as there are some who are way above us in that department. But we are more then some. Today was the Daytona 500, and like the superbowl, they have new commercials made just for this event. Toyota had a really good. I am not a Kyle Bush fan, but I got a kick out of it. "I want to see Kyle in a pink car and a pink suit!" said the little girl in the ad. My 'Grand' daughter, Ellie Bellie is a fan of the M & M car only, it doesn't matter who is driving it.




This ad encouraged my nephew along with my SIL and her best friend to create a car in memory of my SIL's nephew LCpl Phillip West, who was KIA 11/19/2004.

The contest will be open between February 12 and March 15, 2010. Their car has already been approved and they now had 15 days to get as many votes as possible.

So here is where friends can help. Click Here, and vote for the car they designed. There are only 13 days left to acquire the votes and you can vote once each day.

On April 1, 2010, the top ten finalist, as determined by the number of votes, will be posted for a second round of voting that will last another 15 days. If their design make it to the top ten, you can bet I will not only be excited but will also post again to acquire more votes. Once that is over, and after review from some official judges, a paint scheme will be decided for the All Star race on May 22, 2010.

My brother and SIL work hard in supporting our troups, before and after the loss of LCpl Phillip West. In fact Phillips sister, inspired by her brother has joind the Army and has just finished a tour to Afganistan and is headed back to Alaska this week, safe and sound.

Please, if you would take just a few minutes to help them out, it would be awesome. Please share the link to your friends and family and encourage them to vote also.

As the car states, "Always in our minds, Forever in our heart

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to pop in and say I voted...I am knee deep in laundry, so I didn't post this earlier...I will try to remember to go back and vote again tomorrow.

    Best to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted, will try to remember to vote each day until it is over. Nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I voted as well. As a fellow NASCAR die hard- we were all about the 500 on Sunday. Sorry your boy Jimmy had such a hard time. But then again, the last 4 years the 500 was rough and he still went on the win the Championship! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails