Monday, December 28, 2009

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

 

Amanda @ Multiples and More Question of the Week:

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

One thing I try to do about resolution's...make sure they are things I CAN accomplish. Things I CAN stick too through out the year. I have, in past years, made resolutions I couldn't keep and I found that I would beat myself up, become disappointed, and frustrated with myself. So not to set myself up for such ill feelings, I learned to make them things I know I CAN do.

My New Year's Resolutions are...

Spend more quality time with my children and the 'Grands'. I just love making memories. WE CAN plan more trips and outings and show them the world, well at least the world around us.



Blog the whole year. Last year my daughter started a 365 day photo journal. This year I want to see if I CAN do it. Now that I got a portable external hard, I can upload pictures to my little BIG hearts content. So with camera in hand and a computer on my lap, I WILL set out to accomplish the challenge.




Do more outdoor projects now that inside remodel is done. I would like a bike path for the 'Grands', that leads to their swings and play area. I want, and I know WE CAN, move the old boat to this area and create a shipwreck playground to match the beach on the other side of the pool. Raise it up so when we flood irrigate they don't have to swing in water. Okay, so this one isn't a "my resolution", but a his, a honey do thing for me, however, I am the one who does all the planning and he just follows my direction but in his way, if that makes sense.



Plant more fruit bearing tree's in honor of our 'Grands'.




My FIL bought this very first tree for our first 'Grand' son, picked out the spot and hubby planted it. When the 2 girls arrived we went and bought a peach and a pear for them, but they didn't take and we lost them. It's time to replace them so each 'Grands' has their own tree.

Continue with Doctor's and Therapy. The team I now have keep me going and I have no desire to give up on them, just as they won't give up on me. This year marks my 10th anniversary and feel blessed with such a mile stone. Each test might show more growth but so far everything remains benign. With this great team and of course God, we will continue on Our Journey Through LIFE!

4 comments:

  1. Not the best at resolutions. Have something for you here: http://tinyurl.com/ykcancs
    Pick it up when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great resolutions! I would love to have fruit trees in my yard!

    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2010!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions, I especially like the tree planting.

    I hope your 2010 brings you joy, good health and happiness galore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lemon tree! We lived down in FL for a few years and I always wanted to try to plant one...never got the chance too and now it's too cold where we live now. I like your resolutions- have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails