Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Frustrated!

As I begin to ready for our early Thanksgiving, (Policemen work on Thanksgiving) I find that I can't truely enjoy the preparations.

With new walls being textured in the dining room, my hubby has plastic up between the kitchen and the family room. He left 2 openings for passage but that isn't the problem.

First...
because of the plastic, my kitchen retains a lot of heat from baking. I can't turn on the AC becaue the intake vent is guess where...and that would make the dust go everywhere.



Second...
I already have dust outside the plastic and no matter how many times I swift it, it just comes back. I know it would be worse without the plastic but I had hoped this room would be done way before NOW!

Third...
I can't set my table ahead of time, like I am accustomed to do. Because of the construction, we will be eating outside on the patio. Thank God we live in the desert where it is possible, but...

Fourth...
...if only the winds would go away. They have been blowing since yesterday and all the work done to prepare the area is now lost. Okay, so we will have fall leaves at our feet for Thanksgiving, maybe I'll work with them instead of letting them get the best of me.

And finally ...
Our female Chocolate Lab is in heat...

driving our 2 male dogs nutty.

Why this week? I know some views would be have her fixed, but she is such a good looking dog and after what happened to Abby...

 ...our flatcoat retreiver/cocker mix, I just can't see doing it. She is now 9 years old, has never been pregnant, and really don't see the neccesity of it, but our Vet has other reasons. With all I must try to accomplish, with things already out of wack, this was the last thing I needed to be dealing with.

I wonder...do female dogs have menopause? So I googled it...

Females do not go through menopause though sometimes there may be a cessation in heat cycles for a period of time and then they can start back up again. As a female ages, her fertility does drop off but she will not go through menopause as humans do. It is also possible for senior dogs to become pregnant. Dropping off of fertility with age does not mean she cannot become pregnant.


As I told hubby my findings, he wants to take her in after this one. I just don't know if I want to do that. For now, we will just get through this time and go from there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, don't you love home repair!

    By the way, you're having Thanksgiving OUTSIDE??? Did you see my pics from a post a couple days ago, of the FROST!

    After reading your first line, I didn't know your husband was a police officer. He probably won't get into my blog, however. It's totally a mom blog (especially today, it's about...ahem, weaning my baby :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails