Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 22...Photo Napkin Rings

Before I get to my blog for the day, I want to remember the loss of a very special women that helped me become me, my MIL. Her and my FIL both were a special part of our family. She would love this idea and would be encouraging me with blogging it along with other crafty things I tend to do:


Ellie, Nov 3, 1933 - Nov 22, 2001
George, March 9, 1932 - Dec 9, 2002
 missed and loved so much



Photo Napkin Rings
by Nicole Blasenak Shapiro From FamilyFun Magazine

Such a clever idea. Plus they are SO simple. Here is what you will need:
  • Digital images of old photos
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Scrapbookpaper
  • Tape
Instructions
  1. Gather digital images or scan old photos. Print each photo and trim it into a square, then glue it to scrapbook paper and trim the paper to leave a 1/4-inch border on all sides.
  2. Cut a paper strip (ours is 1 3/4 by 8 1/2 inches), fold it into four equal parts to make a squared-off ring, insert a rolled napkin, and tape the ring ends together. Use tape to attach the mounted photo to the ring.

SO SIMPLE!, now, how about getting creative? Here's how I plan to alter the direction: 

Photo frames come in small sizes, and usually in packs of 4 and somewhat reasonable in price. Watch the clearance bins, it would look just fine if they were different. Instead of using paper for the band, use rings you have, or find at the second hand store, or even garage sales, and spiff them up as needed, like sponge paint them or even glue a bead/button/ribbon design or pattern if you really want to get creative. Then just hot glue the small frame to the ring. Using the frames will allow you to change out the pictures. Since I have a tradition of using our ornaments for the year as our place setting for Thanksgiving, I think this is how I will do my Christmas table. When completed and the table set, (in my new dining room to boot!) I will post how it all came out.

 Here is where I found this idea...

 
That Grandma ideas had posted on her blog.
 
I am so enjoying this blogging thing! Hope you all enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails