Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 10...PIR Here we Come!

(I figured out how to get my pictures off the other camera without a cord but when I added them to my post it messed up the layout and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it right. Instead of struggling with it anymore, I am leaving it as is, so sorry for the gaps)

We've been going to PIR since 1995 and have been RVing it the last 5 years. I must say, I never thought I would give up the hotel and maid service, but we did, and now we have it down pat!

Of course Tucker must get into the truck the minute it is hooked up so he doesn't get left behind. Like we would ever do that! He loves the track and receives so much attention from fellow race fans, especially when he's wearing his #48 polo.



As usual, along the way we remembered things we forgot. Some-no problem, other's-thank God for Walmart!



It didn't take us long to get our site set up. We couldn't put our Jimmie blowup on top this year, it was too windy but it looked nice anyways. We had planned to set up, hook up with our son and hit the store. Just as we were about finished and ready to leave, Larry discovers the plug to the generator had vibrated out and we had oil everywhere. WHAT A MESS! Add the parts store to our list of things to do and off we went to see our son.

I had been praying for months for the day I would see him and be able to give him a hug. Today my prayers were answered. He gave us a tour of his new Firehouse, we chatted for quite a bit and it was time to go already. Though the visit was brief, I am thankful for the time we had. Things have not turned out as he had hoped, but he does seem to have both feet firmly planted and has great direction.

















It's decided that the store could wait till tomorrow and we set our Garmin for a KFC. If you know Garmin, she isn't very reliable all the time. Once must PAY for updated maps each year and ours was a 2008 map. Maricopa keeps growing, new places added as well as new roads. It kept telling us to make a u-turn, arriving at destination with no KFC in sight then tell us again to make a u-turn. Larry then spots a Checkers Auto Parts store and since we needed oil for the generator, we pulled in. Amazing or the Holy Spirit? On one side of Checkers was Sonic, who was have a car show and the other side, KFC!


















While Larry got the oil I browsed the cars, he joined me when done and we went next door to eat. Our order even came with extra shrimp and chicken. It was like God was rewarding us each step tonight. First our son, then the parts store and then food. How awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails