Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 9 Honesty, honestly!

Yesterday, during our Bible study, we were asked to go to 1 Peter. We were studing Honesty.

Upon opening my Bible, acually it is my MIL's old Bible, she had made notes of her own. This is not the first time I have found her words among God's words while during Bible study. What made it most special this time, my hubby was with me and he read what she had wrote. She would be so thankful to God that her son is now learning what she had so prayed for.

 "Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Humble yourseves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:5-7)


Her hand writen note said:
Live your life without arrogance,
Live your life without anxiety,
Live your life with alertness,
resist the devil,
Live your life with anticipation.
 
Submission - one equal placing themselves under another equal voluntarily for the love of God.
 
 

 
My MIL and I were very close. Not many women have this type of relationship with their MIL, but I praised God always for allowing our path to be blessed with her. She was always so patient and so kind, even during my 20-30's when we all think we know more then our elders. In fact, we really didn't. I was a lost lamb back then, dealing with so much and never realizing that if I had submitted totally to God, things might have been different. However, He knew me better then I knew myself and He never left me alone, even when I felt alone. I now see that He was with me the whole time, waiting for me to see Him and His glory.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails