Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 1 - NoBloPoMo

I just received this invite from NoBloPoMo to blog every day for 30 days and it makes me a day behind already. I hope to keep this up, but we'll see. I will be gone with no internet access next week but can write while there and just post them when we get back.

November 1, 2009

My Y woke up with a very bad headache but still went to bible study. During our class, I look over at him and he had his sunglasses on. The bright florescent lights were bother him. He was able to contribute a few comments with the class but could tell he was just not up to more. Before class started, I was reading the bulletin and saw that a couple I had known from Napa were to be teaching the class after ours. Excited I waited by the door to meet up with them. Mr. Y decided to wait for me in the car and asked that I not be long, which I wasn't. Talking with N was wonderful. We hugged and loved our brief reunite and look forward to our next opportunity.

Our guest from the Halloween party stayed an extra day and went to church with us as well. Their 4 young children had a wonderful time. Upon getting home, they were already packed and ready to get on the road for their 3 hour drive home. They promise to come and visit again as they had a wonderful time.
Mr. Y and I watched the Nascar races, actually he slept through a lot of it due to the headache, but did manage to see the exciting crash of Ryan Newman. We play a Yahoo fanasty race game with friends and all our drivers were in the top 10 until the last 3 laps. That's Talledega for you.

After the races, I began preparing for our Sunday Family Dinner, baked chicken in a country sauce, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and rolls. The plan was for dinner to be ready by 5 since my daughter started rehearsal for the Christmas program at 6:30. Unfortunately time was not with me. The kitchen was a mess from breakfast and I forgot I needed potatoes. When I went to go to the store I remembered I didn't have a car. My daughters car broke down Saturday and she is using mine until hers gets fixed today. So I had to disturb Mr. Y for him to drive me. I am not comfortable in driving his huge diesal truck. On top of that, the line at the store were outragious adding to the frustration. By the time I got home it was 4:30, I left at 3:45 and should have only taken 15-20 minutes. By the time I got chicken into the oven it was 4:45. Needless to say, it was not ready for my daughter to eat before she had to leave. If only it wasn't a 20 minute to the church. We all sat down to eat about 6:20, her hubby and the kids, Officer A and wife Ang, along with Mr. Y and myself. Since it was a lovely evening, 76 degrees, we ate out on the deck. Besides, Mr. Y is finishing up with the dining room (the last of our remodel) and right now I have no dinner table inside.

The rest of the night was spent talking and watching the kids play. Just before my daughter got back to pick up her family, we had settled down to watch some t.v..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails