Saturday, October 5, 2019

31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes Challenge ~ Other


The word prompt for day five of the 31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes...Other

In other words...

"GO..."

I love this song!

I love the beat it creates of my heart.

I grew up with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Dean Martin, to name a few, filling our house with music. Other artists over the years would join in as my siblings, and I began to acquire our own taste. I might describe my family as dysfunctional for the wrongful things that took place, but we were a functional family in our own way. We had most of the modern conveniences as they began to evolve, like a black and white TV soon that would become colored. In the early 1970s, I would bet my brother-in-law was the first to transform an old dresser into a stereo cabinet. I remember so many days of dancing in the living room to the albums it held. At one time, he had it wired to our outdoor patio area. There was always music while we sunbathed to bar-be-qued!

However, Fly Me To The Moon will always fill my heart with so many beautiful memories. From the many cousin's weddings where the bride and groom would glide across the floor as it played while the guest joined in creating a movie in my mind.

During a time, when I was confused with so many other things, music was one of the things I that could fly to the moon by.

In other words, hold my hand...

In other words, please be true...

And the music was what began my journey with the love of my life. Forty-four years of making music together. Our dance days weren't like those of Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers, but we did have our own groove going on.

In other words, I Love You!

"STOP!"

For October, I'm participating in Kate's 31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes. I will be sharing our journey through life, one day at a time using the prompts provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails