Thursday, October 17, 2019

31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes Challenge ~ Consistent


The word prompt for day twelve of the 31-Days of Five-Minute Free Writes...Consistent.

"GO..."

Every now and then, a word prompt has been chosen that just happens to be one of my favorite words. It's an important word and not just for a writing tip.

Having consistency in my life is just as important as in my writing. Reality is I'm not as consistent with my book as I am with other areas of my life. Things run so much smoother when certain things are done a certain way. Throw in a bit of OC, and even an empty spot in the fridge tells me we are out of something. Folding the clothes as they come out of the dryer. Going to bed with a clean sink to making the bed within minutes of waking is just part of it.

As we continue along our journey ahead, being consistent has always been my saving grace. It creates a wave of peace within me, knowing that all the I's were dotted and the T's crossed. From doctor appointments to packing the RV for a trip, even grocery shopping, being consistent can settle any anxieties that nothing was missed, as well.

"STOP!"

Sometimes thing being consistent is out of my control. I can't help but wonder how much it would improve the doctor's office staff that is far from being consistent with proper paper procedures. Waiting till the day before or even the day of an appointment to submit an approval doesn't work. They should already know that! As the patient, it can throw me off-kilter. 

It's been a tough week where we've had to rearrange our time due to their mistakes. It caused me to fall behind on the 31-Day Challenge that I consistently try to achieve each day. 

I'm determined to catch up!


For October, I'm participating in Kate's 31 Days of Five-Minute Free Writes. I will be sharing our journey through life, one day at a time using the prompts provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails