Friday, June 21, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Question


The title above, along with the picture, always announces the prompt for Five-Minute-Friday every week. I usually then add some type of intro, sharing Kate's blog, and a brief statement about how it all works with the link on where to join us, and a link where you can read other's writings on the prompt. 

Without further ado...

"GO"

Does Kate peek through my windows when she picks her word for the week? So many times, it is a word that can define certain things going on around here.

Like this weeks word!

Each day when I log onto my Noom, I am asked a series of questions.

Why do we walk 10,000 steps a day?

What type of eating habits do I have? I learned I am a fog eater...and that it is the most challenging eater to overcome. No wonder I have been having a hard time!

How can you conquer your craving?

At the end of each day, it's time to test my knowledge. They are helping train my short term memory to become long term. It seems like I have been doing this in other areas of my life for a while. Might as well apply it to what I eat as well.

Have you ever come home after a long day and heard a little voice in the back of your mind that convinced you to ditch your healthy, prepped dinner for a bag of chips?

Even Noom knows my greatest weakness...potato chips!

As long as I continue to do the daily activities, answer all these questions, and truthfully, my end result will be what God has planned for it to be! 

Yes, even though I am using Noom to motivate, track, provide tips, hold me accountable for what I eat, I still need my Father, God Almighty, to have full reign over it. 

I am reminded of a photo quote I did a few years back...

"STOP"



I was watching an interview with Matthew McConaughey when he revealed the Biblical truth behind his son's name.

"Levi's another name for Matthew in the Bible," McConaughey said in an interview on Good Morning America. "We had talked about possibly Matthew, Jr. if he were a boy."
McConaughey said his favorite Bible verse, Matthew 6:22, also influenced the decision: "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light."

What does this have to do with the word question?

Simple, I am asked these questions to help develop a healthier eating habit. I must first see what these foods I have been eating are doing to my body. By answering them, my eyes than watch what I eat, making my whole body healthy, combined with my love for God and His love for me, it will surely be full of light!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails