Sunday, May 19, 2019

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ May



Looking out my window...the days are starting earlier and the nights are getting shorter. It's one of my favorite times of the year. Things sleeping in the ground have awakened and are blooming. Pictures of the desert blooming are abundantly showing up on my FaceBook newsfeed daily. The garden store is full of color, and some of it has found it's way to my house.

The sun is changing direction, creating rainbows throughout the family area.


They remind us, that after a storm, be it by nature, health, finances, a death, or anything else that might disrupt our life, there will always be rainbows! 



It's been a while since my crystals have hung in a window. They use to hang in the corner where the cat now resides. The youngest "Grand" thinks they're pretty cool, especially when you spin them. The older ones remember making them dance across the floors, walls, and furniture when they were the same age.

They remind me of a movie from my childhood, "Pollyanna." Haley Mills plays Pollyanna and during the scene where upon visiting a sick neighbor, she strings them up across the window. She learned it at another neighbor friend who taught her about refracted light. The clips aren't the best video's but were the best I could find, along with these still photos.


I am thinking...what happened to April? We knew in March that there was going to be a change in many of our habits for just a bit. Even adding some new routines to the existing ones was expected. Hubby and I both thought we had prepared for just about anything, but we were still surprised when the recovery took longer than expected.


I am so thankful...for the many, many prayers said for us. I am even more thankful for the time's others asked if they could pray over my hubby, and right there in one of his favorite restaurants, he accepted the prayers. I wish I could have seen it, but just knowing he felt comfortable to share the experience with me was a big step. God has been tugging at my heart lately with a couples retreat, and I think we just might be getting closer to that being a reality.


I am wearing...jeans and one of my favorite tees. No shoes. 


I am creating...another mess! Transplanting can be a messy job. The reward that comes after is well worth a little dirt spilled because my hand decided not to hold the container any longer. I'm container gardening while my water source to my garden needs repairing. Container gardening has its plusses and minuses.

I am also creating word collages. I love adding certain verses to some of my photos as well, (like the photo above, and the one below). This one of me and my youngest "Grand" reminds me of all the times I have listened, cheered him up, and made a not so good day, a bit better! I have similar moments with the other "Grand's" but rarely does anyone take my picture during them. This one was captured by chance. And I LOVE it! I wonder if he will remember what we talked about?

The loving 'touch' of a grandmothers hand or words can usually turn almost anything around!


I was watching....my favorite hummingbirds humming around me as I watered! I have so many more this year, yet I haven't spent much time capturing them. It takes a lot of diligence to stay in one place, waiting for them to come, to snap a handful of pictures before they zip off again.


I am not reading...any books at this time. I am keeping up with the reading of the blogs I follow. Every now and that an article will catch my fancy. ."How To..." things get saved for later projects.

Speaking of projects, some that are getting our attention does require reading directions, does that count?


I was listening to...the TV (but not watching) as I typed. "Moma Mia, Again" is on rather loud so I can hear it outside while I was watering and enjoying the beautiful morning. Then I decided to grab my laptop and work on my "Simple Woman's Daybook."  The music from this movie just dances through my soul. Same with the "Greatest Show of  All!"


I am hoping...things continue to improve. I can bounce in and out of hoops for only so long before I will be needing a recharge. A recharge is planned for July, with prayers that nothing interferes with it. 


I am learning...I am a strong woman, even if I can't talk sometimes without crying, or I sound confrontational when I don't mean too. A soft voice isn't always possible. Hypothyroidism can tell you differently if you let it! 


In the garden...I have some color...

I love using the oldest "Grand's" first wagon as a flower container.

The silk tree is flowering.

So are the geraniums, still waiting on the lilies. Marigolds placed randomly around the patio.

Watermelon and cantaloupe. First time I have tried them in a container.

From the kitchen...there isn't much going on in there. Just the daily grind of deciding what to cook, and remembering to take something out of the freezer.

A while back, my daughter invited me to a "Pampered Chef" meal making party. A list of ingredients was sent out in advance. It cost the amount of the spices Pampered Chef offered in each recipe. Most of the guest made the 2-week family sized meals. Since it was just us two, I made 4-weeks by dividing the meal into two. Since then, we have shopped more in bulk and divide into meals when we get home.


One of my favorite things...thing this last month was when we got to go to this "Grand's" first Spring Concert. After we had dinner together, just her and us. She had never been to a Sizzler and we let her order whatever she wanted. It tickled my heart when, with her knowing, she ordered the exact same thing her dad would order when he was her age. Back then, once a month, as a treat we took our kids to Sizzler. It was one of our families favorite eating places.




Shared Quote...I'm keeping last month's quote up again, as a reminder.

There is still more ahead for us, where our faith, His grace, and all the prayers will continue to be a big part of it.

Thank you for having us on your prayer list. It means so much to us.


Ephesians 2:8-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

For by grace, you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.


A moment or two from one of my days...

Watching this "Grand" hit the target. It might not be a bullseye, but he's getting close!
I love how this "Grand" shares his accomplishments with me. 
Watching one of my other "Grand" daughters do a photo shoot for a local boutique.

That about wraps up this months Daybook.

See ya next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails