Friday, May 17, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Promise


Time for Kate's Five-Minute-Friday link-up, with the word, "PROMISE."

The rules remain the same, each week we write for five minutes, using a one-word prompt that Kate provides. Write with "no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. Just write." then link up to her blog. 

"GO..."

Promise...


It covers so much, and just not from within the Bible. 

When we buy a house or a car and take out a loan, we promise to pay the debt back through payments. 

When a serviceman comes to our house, we promise to pay them for their services.

Our wedding vows were the most important promise we made to each other, in the presence of God, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health, to love and to cherish each other till death we do part. 

God's promise to us begins at our birth, When we accept Him into our lives, He will stay with us along our journey through life, all the way to our death as well, but the until death do we part, comes with eternal life! 

Sadly, only humans can break a promise, and a few have broken promises to me, as well as me being guilty of breaking some myself. However, God will forgive us of ours, but He will never break His promise to us. 

So, during my devotions this morning, I decided to use that time researching the word at Biblegateway.com. The results were 225 verses using the NIV Bible.

After reading a few of the many, many versesdecided I wanted to make a list of His promises. So I did a hit and skip kind of thing and began jotting down a few of my favorites. I have an idea of what I want to do with them.

"STOP."

+   +   +   +   +   +   +  


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, now I want to know what you are going to do with them?
    From one Elizabeth to another.
    Your FMF Neighbour #40

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello neighbor! I will include it in a post when it is done. I did find I wasn't the only one who thought of it!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails