Saturday, March 30, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Measure


Each week I join Kate's Five-Minute-Friday link-up. The rules are simple, free write for five minutes, unedited and share.

GO...

Each week I measure myself against some pretty impressive writers!

Will I ever measure up?

As I read the many Bible verses that mentioned "measure," I see I still have a lot of work to do.

I tend to continually judge others, and myself, then others, and myself again, and again, and again! Each time I pray and ask for forgiveness for doing it, only to do it again! Only God knows how I've tried over and over again to break that ugly habit.

It's not easy to change a pattern that was taught since I was a very early age. For a substantial measure of time, I thrived on being better than that. Knowing what I didn't want to be, pushed me toward learning who I wanted to be. Though I found myself walking the paces, my heart wasn't absorbing it anymore. Over that time, I had become bitter. Sarcastic. Competitive. Resentful. Boisterous. Even proud that I hadn't followed in the footstep of those older. Unfortunately, I lost track of the correct steps that I was meant to follow.

By age 25 I had everything I wanted, but the most important person who I had reached out to in the beginning. It would take another 5 years before I would truly look for Him again. He was quick to remind me He had never left. He knew all along this was going to be our path. He showed me the faith that was strong in my heart. The hope that everything would work out in His name.

STOP!

This last weekend I was reminded of that young lady, the mother of three teens, who is loved by a man who would go to the ends of the earth if needed. We took a leap of faith and here we are!

A fire began to burn in my belly again as I watched our children, with their children, walk amongst those we have walked with these last forty-three years. I might still have doubts about where this writing might go, I have no doubts about the direction God has for us.



As for...

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”






And...

“Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more.





Until I kick this terrible habit, these words are going to be first and foremost on my pray list. 


3 comments:

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails