Monday, February 25, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ February


For Today:  Monday,  February 25, 2019


I guess in my case, it should be called The Month of a Simple Woman!

I've grown to like using her format for my monthly update.

Outside my window
...it looks about the same! Slowly I continue to putt around, trying to get some order under control, but it will take time!

That table came out of my bedroom. It once held all my Bible study books on it. Six years ago now, but last year I had to remove it for a new bed set. Going from a queen to a king size didn't leave room for a 4' table, but my old 36" side table worked great, taking its place. Only there wasn't the room for the number of books I have. So they are now next to my reading area.

Last weekend I put the outdoor chairs around it for the guys to eat lunch. They'd been working on switching out a service bed on one of the trucks. Covered in grease and dust, it was the best place for them to eat.

I am thinking...
...we are going to need another cage for fair!

The granddaughter's goats each had 3 babies this year. All six fit in this cage the weekend before last, but they won't by fair time. Amazon to the rescue. Ordered and has already arrived. 

Once in their pens at the fair, the cages are used to transport and store the alfalfa. Saves mom and her from carrying in a slice of a bale twice each day.

I think fair is going to be fun this year. 

I am thankful...
  • ...the doctors have figured out my hubby's pain, and a plan has been scheduled.
  • ...for the times I get to spend with the grandchildren. It's just GRAND!
  • ...for the seeds that have sprouted. Not just for the ones in my starter planter but also for the ones in the hearts of those I love. A new generation is growing right before our eyes. The littles aren't so little anymore. Dreams and goals are developing.
  • ...of our recent award for Yuma's Best 2018. Our daughter has worked hard this last year, growing our business within social media. Seeing just how much our customers appreciate us is overwhelming. We appreciate them just as much and more. 
  • ...for the last twenty-five years in our business. We wouldn't be here without the love of our God, our satisfied customers, the love and support of our family, and the long hours and hard work, that brought us to here.
  • ...for the next generation who are taking our business to the next level. 

I am still reading...
It's Not Suppose to Be This Way by Lysa Terkeurst.

I was surprised to read what happened in her marriage. There was a time, I thought ours was heading in the same way. 

A bad fall, saved it all! 

Not totally true. It had already been heading in that direction for a while before I fell, but it did allow for those last pieces of our puzzle to fall into place. Perfect timing! God knew. He just needed both of us to see His plan, and it worked.

As I get through the last of this study, yep, I fell behind due to distractions beyond my control, I didn't give up, I just had to adjust my study times a bit. 





I am creating...
...time for the littlest grand to be creative with the Lego's.
...time for him to experience snow for the first!

...time to put the many things I had set aside into motion.

...time isn't easy, but when it works out, the memories made during that time, make it the best time!

I am wearing...sweatpants, a tee that says "Wake up & Smell The Campfire." My Sketcher's. Oh, and a lightweight jacket. 

I am hoping...I can get everything done that needs to be done!

March is going to be a hectic month. It's the end of our Forty Adventures and at the same time, the beginning of the twenty-fifth anniversary of our dealership. It was during a convention 25 years ago that brought us here. Celebrating it will last all year, and there is a lot to do! 

In my garden...
...it's a start!

Spring cleaning will be moving outdoors!

The rock should go down sometime in March so that the planters can be put back, fill them with dirt and it will provide a place for my starters. 

The new canopy for the gazebo needs put up.

The fairy garden needs to be cleaned up as well.



In the Kitchen...
...we have subscribed to eMeals for new recipes!

No meals come pre-prepped.

Each week I pick and plan my meals, send the ingredients to the grocery store, they shop for them, and I pick them up without getting out of the car or having to step foot into the store. Spouts even deliver which is the best part. It's only a matter of time before other stores join in.

It's a step closer toward the Jetson's era! (laughing)

One of my favorite things...
...is capturing these guys playing around in my yard.

I didn't capture as many photos of them last year. It's been nice to be able to get out and get some again. I love to make notecards with them for the grandkids, family, and friends.

 A favorite quote...
    Psalm 59:9-10 New International Version (NIV)
You are my strength, I watch for you;
you, God, are my fortress,
my God on whom I can rely.
Our best friends lost their 16-year-old daughter back in 2003. She collected frogs because God was a big part of her life. Every now and then she pops up in memories, especially when I see this quote.

I am so scared about the upcoming surgery my hubby has to have. I will be fully relying on God to get him through this! Anytime you have to work around the spinal cord, things can happen. God will make sure all will be well.

If you would like to write your own Daybook, or weekbook, or monthbook, the guidelines are here
Thank you to Peggy for hostessing The Simple Woman's Daybook each month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails