Friday, February 15, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday~Confident


I'm going to jump in and start while the thoughts are raw and on my mind this very minute...

Go...

Yesterday, it was not only Valentine's Day but also a day that brought me confidence.

At a time, I needed it the most!

I still face the demon of doubt. Sometimes more than I should, because the outcome always seems to turn out in God's favor.

Yesterday began with so many doubts running through my head that sometimes I wondered if I looked good or not. Though I knew ahead of time this award was coming, I still wasn't confident in myself.

It is at a time like this that I see just what God meant upon answering my prayers in His favor.

Being confident includes be patient.

Being patient with Gods plan will build confidence.

Being voted as Yuma's Best of 2018 gave me confidence that the journey we are on, expected or unexpected, shows that He's got this! God is always confident with His plan.

Receiving compliments of how my daughter and I look like sisters, was the icing!

 As I continue to read more of It's Not Suppose to be This Way, by Lysa Terkeurst, it's contributing to building this confidence more in highlighting passages where God shows us how our directions will come from Him no matter what the weather is along the way.

It's supposed to be like this because He loves us so much.

It is never a punishment, but will always be a lesson.

While going through our storms, He knew we would turn to Him in prayer, that we would then reach out to others, sharing the darkness of our stories with the light that brought us through. That others, who may be or who may not be believers, are going through a storm of their own, will see His work through us.

STOP!


I went a bit over trying to type out that last thought.

I see myself getting more confident as time passes.

Being confident is something new for me, and on my really good days, I am beginning to see a glow in the mirror as well.

Stop by Kate's blog, Five-Minute-Friday, and read more on Confident.



+     +     +      +      +      +      + 

Yesterday was also full of signs, signs of love that is...


His card went perfect with my 'sign' gift to him.

My sign was because we both continuously say, "there isn't enough time!" Plus enough seems to have become my word for the year. After having joy as my word, in one form or another over the last few five years, we found 'enough' joy is in everything we have, what we've done or places we went.

Birthday gift from my daughter, she knows me so well!
The doorbell sign from our daughter is because no one can see the Ring that is on a post on the carport. I've wanted one for a while, and she had it made especially for the location I needed it. For whatever their reason are for passing by it on the way to the front door, that should help. I understand it is in an unusual place, but it is mainly for our deliveries. Family and friends who visit already know.

The tulips he bought me on Monday, still haven't opened but they are still so pretty.










2 comments:

  1. What a nice blog. Hi Elizabeth... I enjoyed reading a little about you and your love for God. I feel God's blessings all around you --as your write.

    Thanks for visiting Joyful Reflections. I used to blog a lot more than I do now. These days --I usually publish a new post once a week, usually on Mondays.... Please come back and visit again!!!!

    You and your daughter do look like sisters... Awesome.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful words, Betsy. I love God above all! It's been a journey.

      I will surely visit again. I'm not all that consistent myself. Blogging has been a work in progress for a while now. I've just moving at Gods pace!

      My daughter used some type of filter, and I just love how I glow, LOL!

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails