Friday, February 1, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Where


It's another week with Five Minute Friday

It's Friday, and I'm so excited to be posting on time! 

Ready. Set. Go!

Where...

"Where is your God!" (Psalm 42:10came to mind first, so I had to look up the verse. 

Where do we go from here?

Where can I find what I am looking for?

"Where" can bring questions, it can become a place or position. 

I love where I am today! Home with all it's beautiful noises outside, from the chickens and roosters to the hummingbirds, and hawks. They all have their own way of announcing where they are.

But that is not where I was going with these five minutes, either. 

I love where I am in my new bible study.

Finishing week two and I have all my homework done. 

Where this study has taken me, it is right where I am supposed to be. Which makes sense as to why God directed me in this direction. He knew where it would help me.

"It's not supposed to be this way," by Lysa TerKeurst, has me motivated, and it feels terrific!

Sometimes I need to read how others have made it to where they are from these devasting events that can happen when we least expect them. 

I know I have never really been alone, but when you lose the people that got you through all the things life can throw you, finding that new balance without them takes time. Just as you begin to find some stable ground, another one leaves, then another, and before you know it, where you are, is lost. 

Adventure after adventure, some were well planned, other unexpected, gave us the opportunity along those roads to talk about our loss, the kids, the future, whatever God put in our hearts.

It can be scary on some of these roads. 

Stop! 

Back in 2015, we took a journey to Orcas Island for my husband uncles funeral. We took our time and soaked up the beautiful scenery along out path. Sharing those end of life questions with each, we began to create something between us that had been lost for a while.
  
Facing where we are has been a trying time. Sometimes it got loud. Sometimes we just ignored the elephant in the room until we could talk about it. It wasn't and still isn't the easiest time of our lives but we know with God, we will get through it. We can see His fingerprints along it, which comforts and encourages us.

I'm reminded of what those we had lost had set an example of, to build our home on a firm foundation of faith that can survive the storms life will produce. 

Remember, after every storm, there will be a rainbow! 



4 comments:

  1. isn't it nice when you have a devotional that is just what you need? Keep learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way forward is with Jesus at your side, but you already know that. Enjoy your study, it sounds like a good one. Thanks for posting. Your FMF neighbor #52

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm reading thru chronological bible this year. Just got thru Job. Interesting but hard to read. Yes, it's hard to lose those we love in this life but thankful to have known them. Hugs and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails