Friday, January 18, 2019

Five-Minute-Friday ~ Influence

Five-Minute-Friday.com
Welcome to this week’s Five Minute Friday

I know, it's not Friday. Finally found some time to write.

The instructions that are given by Kate Motaung per her link are this: "Write for five minutes on the word of the week. This is meant to be a free write, which means: no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. Just write."

This week's prompt, "influence," falls right in line with where I left off in October.

What a great word!

Ready, set, go...

I have been very fortunate to have had so many extraordinary women throughout my life who have, and some who continue to influence me.

Most were guided by their love of God, and for the love they have for me. I hope I will always remember their words.

It is these influences that help me stay on track, even when the rails are in need of repair.

It is a reward as older women, to influence, impact and guide the younger women. Setting an example to learn, absorb, and embrace His love. That they can then do the same for those they are older to, themselves. It really is an excellent system God has going. It's up to us to see it through, as He has instructed us to do for His glory.

If it's right by God, then it's is right for us.

As we encounter those along our path that don't know Him, who are struggling, who may be broken, or just a bit off their step, it is the perfect opportunity to introduce Him so they may see what He can do for them. Next will always be introducing them to the Bible. Show them where it is written, that we are not alone on this journey. 

I can only hope and pray that in my time, I have set an example for others, like those I speak of have done for me...

Beep, beep, beep!


4 comments:

  1. You’re not alone ... didn’t write mine on Friday either. I’m sure that God is using you to be an influence for Him ... though you may not see it always. I too am grateful for all the godly women and men God has placed in my life. Your neighbor from #FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote my Five Minute Friday on Monday! I love the idea that God has this system of mentorship between women. I was listening to Sally Clarkson this weekend and she is one of those women who God has sent to influence so many to be influences in their ow nlittle communities. If you haven't listened to her, you should try her podcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I will look her up. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails