Monday, October 8, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge ~ Comfort


Five-minute-GO!

It didn't take long for me to find comfort in those caring for me.
Little did I know then, that hospital would become a big part of my life.

Not to leave you in suspense, one passenger had a broken arm and leg. One had a broken pelvis along with numerous lacerations. I was fortunate. Other than the concussion, a significant injury of my knee, along with a few other minor cuts and bruising, I was released. The two friends, unfortunately, they had to spend a few days in the hospital. I'm sure they kept them comfortable.

One day I was comfortable partying it up, and the next I began to feel like I received a gift from God. I was lucky to be alive or was it more like blessed. I needed to change my ways. I visited those friends over the next few days, and that comfortable feeling we had before didn't really feel the same.

Something changed in me that night.
After a few weeks, I had found a job. Moved out of my parents home and moved into an apartment with a friend. My job kept me busy. I really didn't see me sewing horse blankets for a living. I rarely partied, okay on the weekends and with different friends. After a falling out with my roommate I moved home and enrolled in the Bryman School for Dental Assistants.

The change brought comfort.  

Beep, beep, STOP!

Sorry, I couldn't keep my train of thought moving. Kept stopping the timer. Sometimes I am not comfortable with the thought I have a times limit. Plus I am going outside my comfort zone telling parts of my story. 

This was my first experience with God saving me.
We all should have died that night. Why didn't we? 

2 Corinthians 1:2-4 International Standard Version (ISV)

May grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus, the Messiah,[a] be yours!

The God of All Comfort

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah![b] He is our merciful Father and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our suffering, so that we may be able to comfort others in all their suffering, as we ourselves are being comforted by God.

Sorry, for being late. I have had the most wonderful days spending time with 6 of my grandchildren. I took 5 of them to the movie Small Foot. Hearing their giggles and expressions, having them here, even for a short time brings me such comfort.

This post is also part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  

Today's writing prompt was "Comfort."


For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails