Saturday, October 6, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Belong

Please excuse my late entries.
I was blessed to have my son and his family visiting for 3 days.

Today's prompt was "Belong."


Five-minutes-GO

Another prompt that crept down to my core.

It took a long time before I felt comfortable about belonging anywhere. The sexual abuse I had endured caused me to change directions. No longer did I thought I belonged in 4-H, dance, our church, even my home.

 I just didn't know where I belonged.

Then I really met Jesus!

He saved me when I was traveling a road I thought I needed to take.

Everyone else was going in that direction, and I thought it was where I belonged.

When I realized only me and God were going to save me, I found I had a strength I never knew I had. I learned that, yes, your life flashes before your eyes. The whole way down, I remember repeatedly saying...

"Oh my God! Oh my God!"

As the car rolled, resembling the feeling of being on the Zipper. Then it felt like the car finally stopped, I thanked Him with all my heart! Now, what do/" I do?
But then we began to fall again. This time it wasn't like a rock rolling downhill, bumping and bouncing, or jerking when we were shot in a different direction.
It was like a free fall. 

"Oh, GOD!"

I remember it was a brief descent before we hit bottom. 

"Oh my God, Oh my God!"

Just kept going through my head and I believe out of my mouth, but I can't say for sure. I was so shocked we all were alive! The two other passengers were moaning in pain. We were at the bottom of the ravine, no one knew we had gone over the cliff, they wouldn't find us till daylight! We didn't know if our injuries were life threating. 
Who knows if we would be found alive.

I DO NOT BELONG HERE!

STOP!

This post is also part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  

Today's writing prompt was "Belong."


For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails