Friday, October 26, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ FMF

Which moment defines your story? 



Please, wait one moment?
It's Friday, which means it's Five-Minute Friday as well!
If you want to read more of them, click the link above.

Ready...Go!


This might take more than five minutes.

It was the fall. Similar to now in fact. The heat was over, leaves were falling, brisk breezes fly them around. Doors could be left open allowing all the fresh air to circulate around.  

We were getting ready for a routine procedure most women go through. So far all the pre-admit had gone smoothly. After the EKG they detected a problem. It appeared I had had a heart attack recently. Well, that was news to me! The anxiety began that very moment! The nurse then the doctor felt I needed to head to the ER. Once there, IV's, and monitors were hooked up, and nitrate went under my tongue. Once stable I was moved upstairs. Being in the cardiac wing was eye-opening! Lots of beeping from most rooms. Patients slowly walking and other's getting ready to head home with a heart pillow pressed against their chest.

Times ticking...

Long story short - after a week of heart test an angiogram was ordered.
It was during that procedure when I flatlined 4 times and woke up in the ICU the next day. 

I remember the moment I heard the cardiologist ask if I took all the prednisone and then if I felt okay, all I remember saying yes and then I said, "I think so," but I'm not sure it was heard. In the blink of an eye, he backed out of my main artery, closed up, and I was rolled into recovery. There I remember seeing my hubby and asked if I could go potty. No sooner had the nurse came in to assist, everything sounded as if in a tunnel and in slow motion before I drifted into sleep. At times I could hear them, but I couldn't answer nor could I see them. It felt like a dream but not! For a moment they would get me back, and a few minutes later I was gone again. 

Tick-tock...times up!

It took a little over five-minutes. 

Though there were many moments before this one that can also define my story as well, this moment, this is the one that began this journey and ended my search.

It was and still is very vivid, my visit to those pearly gates!

I saw there was a heaven. 

I knew then I wanted to make sure I got to back!

And He has walked with me every step of the way!

Verse of the Day
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.


This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  


For more information on the challenge click here.


1 comment:

  1. Praise God for your willingness to share your story with us. We serve an awesome God! God bless you Elizabeth. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails