Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Brief



Make it brief!

Go...

Today's prompt came with an exercise.

I'm supposed to talk about my story, my project or my idea, for about 30 seconds! 
Imaging I'm stuck in an elevator with a publisher!
From the time the doors close to when they open I'm supposed to sell him on it.

First, of all, I am not there yet!
That's the part of this that makes me freeze in my boots, or shall I say flip-flops.

Even imaging myself in that position scares the bejeezus out of me!
I remember how scared I was when we bought our business almost 25 years ago. 
WOW!
That was the biggest jump of faith I had ever done.
This project will be the second.
Plus, sometimes I have a hard time with the five-minutes on some days.
Trying to put all of that into 30 seconds, is going to take some work.

And finally, that is not why I am doing this.
Not yet!
It's not that I don't ever want to make money with it.
Maybe down the road, we can re-evaluate it.
 For now, I need to get through other things before I can even think of something like that.
I need to learn some more.
I had only begun to learn when my health took a turn.
Caught a second wind and went after it again, only for it to get in the way again.
Each time, I do get closer.

I stopped deleting!
That's a big step!

Now, the timer says to stop!

I wasted time again with the train leaving the station without me.

I haven't wasted time getting ready for our 10th Annual Boo Bash this weekend.
It's been interesting trying to stay focused on this, while I have so many other thoughts going through my head for that. When I saw the prompt, I thought, no problem, I'll be brief and explain why. Since I am doing this to learn new ideas on how to share my story, that would be counterproductive, to not follow the leader here. From now on, preparing for that 30 seconds to come that can change my life, I plan to be ready.

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  


For more information on the challenge click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails