Saturday, October 20, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Audience


Jumping right in.
Timer set.


Go...

The last few days have brought up some really good things for me to think about.
Writing my story, whether it will get published or not, has been my goal for a long time. 

Telling it is where I believe I would struggle. 

I have never been good at talking to a large, or even a small audience.
Keeping in mind what I have picked up from writing groups, even if I followed all the steps, I could, and more than likely would, stumble my words.

 I just know it1

Before blogging began, I kept journals. The problem was, I would forget to write in them regularly. A lot of them had monthly updates, sometimes yearly. 
Add those entries with my photos, I could recall events,
and add more information, basically updating my updates.
Allowing others to read them had never crossed my mind until I began to blog.
For the first time, others bloggers would become my audience.
It started because I wanted to share our journey through a disease.
It soon changed to what we had been up to, or our journey through something.
Then I began to think, did I just share too much information?
What if they don't like what or better yet, how I wrote? 
I've mentioned before that some comments were brutal at times. 
Which made me to delete, delete, delete!

Deleting it didn't mean the end of the story.
It meant I had to rewrite it.
Which then bring a new life to it.

Until I got that phone call, it was just blogging.
When ready, it would mean a completely new audience!

Am I ready?

I look at the mess upon my writing desk and say, nope, not yet but...

Keep Stopping,
because that is the rule!

Keep pulling it together.
Keep writing it.
Keep learning from the mistakes.
Keep the eye focused.
 Keep preparing for that audience.



This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  


For more information on the challenge click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails