Monday, October 1, 2018

Five-Minute-Friday ~ 31 Day Challenge for October ~ Story

It's been a while since I've joined in.

But here I go...


“How can you be strategic in the way that you use the power of story, and how can you use your own story for good and for God’s glory?” 

I've missed writing.
I've missed Five-Minute-Friday.
I've missed my Bible Studies.
I've missed gardening. At least the trying since it hasn't been such a success before.
But I did enjoy my mornings out there.
Especially my devotionals during the golden hours of the morning.

"Don't rush," I am told!
"Take it easy."
"It takes time."

God has been right here making sure everything goes as He plans.
It was me who went missing!
I just didn't and at times still don't feel like myself. 
I am so thankful God doesn't miss me, in fact, He waited patiently for me.
He's good at that.

I am beginning to see things are slowly getting back on track.
Keeping up with my Life-365 Days of Life and sharing our Adventures have been good. 
Since school started, so did my grandma days.
In talking with my granddaughter today, After something really simple happened, and the outcome was good, I thanked God, then asked her, "Do you see God moments?"
She answered with, "I see the moments but not so much as a God moment, but it's awesome that it worked out."
I shared how we need to praise him for these little things too.
Just not during our nightly prayers, but during the day as thing happen, or are seen, or received

God uses all of us for His glory and in so many different ways.
And boy, am I different!
He has already written our story. 
It's just taking me a while to get it out there.
He plans that we will see it, not that we won't!
The rest is up to me.

When I have worked on writing it, my story, I begin to think it is silly to believe it's worth sharing. I get discouraged. Sometimes I feel like I am so out of my league.
Especially when I read other's stories, and they are told so well.
For reasons, only God knows, I delete more of my writings than I share.
When I finally open my eyes, He's put something in front of me that says, "Click "Here.""

So Here I Am!

Till tomorrow...




Five-Minute-Friday 31 Day Free Writing Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more.
    You should add Mt. Rainier National Park to your bucket list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about reading others who write so eloquently and feeling maybe our own story doesn't quite measure up. My story feels ordinary when compared with what some people have lived though and experienced, but I think God uses the ordinary too so keep writing and sharing. Also, I notice the commenter above me recommends a visit to Mt. Rainier and I second that! We were there this summer and it is truly awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. We've been up to Washington a number times. Orcas Island was always our destination, but other places are in our plans, especially the National Parks. Need to update that list, add more and cross others off.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails