Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ May

Oop's, I almost forgot!
Again!

For Today
Looking out my window...I finally see signs of spring!

My best friend came for a week in April and helped me out in so many ways.
Planting some spring color was at the top of the list.
I am thinking...about all the things I can finally do again, and the things yet to come!

I am allowed to drive!
I can now raise my arm 3/4 of the way up over my head.
I'm able to wash my hair with two hands.
I can blow dry my hair, although using the curling iron is still a bit tricky.
I can even ride the arm cycle at therapy!

Still to come, being able to grab something during the reaching process.
Opening jars, bags, to even ice cream bars still require help, along with cutting certain foods, pulling straps into place and getting socks over the heels!
Yes, there are devices, and we have many of them for accomplishing such tasks.
They are so awkward for me, and sometimes I would like to throw them across the room!

I'm thinking about that saying "This to shall pass!" fits perfectly.

I am SO thankful...for all the help I have had during this adventure!

Asking for help has always been hard for me.
This time I did and accepted it when I tried and couldn't.

I'm thankful for the patience I found while journeying through this ordeal.

One of my favorite things...is always watching my hummingbirds zip around the porch.

As they rest on branches for a break, it allows me to capture the moments.
I am creating...my notecards for Christmas gifts.

It has become a tradition for the "Grand's," and it encourages them to write.
The old fashion way!
I use photo's of our travels, sometimes of the ones done together.
Some have been of the hummingbirds.
Each card has a description of where the photo was taken.
I use Vistaprint, and sometimes I even use their pre-made cards and personalize them.

While on our travels, I will pick up notecards representing our location.
When they write me, I will use one of those cards to respond back, or I'll use one I made with a picture of grandpa and me.

I LOVE Grandma Mail!

I am wearing...Something new along with my LulaRoe's leggings!
Awhile back I signed up for Dia & Co.

It's a subscription where a style team chooses clothes based on your answers to a few questions.
They are then delivered based on your delivery options.
You have five days to try them on, before shipping them back in the pre-paid bag.
I didn't like anything in my first box.
Then my second box arrived at the beginning of my accident.
I really couldn't try any of it on, but I did love the skirt that came.
I kept it for a wedding this September'
 I sent the rest back, only paying for what I kept minus the styling fee.
I extended my next delivery to May so I would be able to try them on.
Well, I LOVED everything that came in this box!

I will be able to mix and match all of it with most of my LulaRoe items as well.

WIN, WIN!

 I finally watched...Beth Moore's Wednesday night programs I had recorded.
 Her recent 4 part series, The Art of Growing Up, helped move me in a better direction!
Rather adolescents growing into teens,
teens growing into young adults,
adults becoming parents,
 or parents becoming grandparents...
I am listening to...KCFY, our local Christian radio while I compose my post.
I am reading...actually, it's more like flipping through USA's Best Trips. 
52 Amazing Road Trips. 
If you've been reading me long, you know we LOVE going on road trips.
I seem to get lost in the research when creating a journey sometimes.

What I have noticed, during a break in the driving, or after we are set-up or settled in, all my notes become conversations. Planning our day over breakfast, or discussing the next day's agenda at dinner has become a tradition all on its own. 

I am learning...that by doing my daily exercises prescribed by my therapist, my measurements not only improve I'm also getting closer to the end.
 The bone has healed great. I do have to have some extra build up scrapped off the shoulder, but it's a simple procedure. The bicep no longer feels like a broken bone! However, some days my muscles don't want to cooperate, for the therapist or me. On those days I get an hour massage, and he knows just how to find which ones are giving me a hard time. 

In my kitchen...is my hubby, reviewing past recipes from one of our delivered meals thing. I think he picked the panko pork chop one. 

In my garden...so much is happening!

The "Grand" and I have been playing around with our Fairy Gardens.

We've created two.

One is out along the path to the beach. My birdbath of 15 years broke so we turned it into this...
An old wheelbarrow that we had...
Got turned into this...
 
With the help of so many, the weeds have been controlled!
The new soil has been blended with what was already in the beds.
The two tomato plants seem to be happy! I'll be happy if we actually get tomatoes!
So I put these around the garden with water in them, hoping they will attract the bees and butterfly to pollinate the flowers.
Some of the mulch has been spread around with more to do.

Now we wait to see what grows, or not.

Share a Quote...

Some moments from a few of my days.



If you want to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, click HERE and follow the steps she has made available.

2 comments:

  1. Good update my friend! Glad you are getting better! We were on a trip to Spokane that took nearly 8 hours as ya gotta stop to eat, get gas, potty stop...but a good trip. Did research of places we wanted to see and photograph. Stayed with a friend, which meant no hotel bills for 4 nights. I'll check out Beth Moore's 4 part talk...interesting! I watched a bit of it. I enjoy her studies alot! I was able to go into a Lifeway book store in Spokane. Chose a $5 book written by Priscilla Shirer and a dvd by Danny Gokey. Keep on healing and mending and thankful you have been helped by family and friends! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. A 4 hour drive can easily take us 8 plus hours, LOL! I like Priscilla too. I'll have to check out Danny Gokey.

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails