Monday, April 9, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ April

For Today

April 9, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Looking out my window... 
...the days are beginning to warm up!

I am thinking... 
...about the wonderful time we just had at the fair!
I am so thankful...
...for the continued prayers.

One of my favorite things...
...are linens. Bed linens along with table linens.
I am one who likes to change her linens for the seasons or holiday.
Most of it mixes and matches for whatever the occasion or mood I am in.
In the desert, you really don't need to be bothered with a comforter.
I do have a couple quilts for those rare 35 degree nights.
Otherwise, I use duvets with nothing in them.
Add a couple flat sheets of coordinating colors, and I end up with a cool bed set.
I even use a window panel as one of those foot drapes.
I just fold it in half lengthwise and tuck it in or let it hang off the edge.
Right now my bed is set up with many pillows and a wedge as I continue to heal.
It isn't one of my best ensembles but changing the bed isn't all that easy right now.
So I'm keeping it simple.

I am creating...
...room in my bed linen armoire for more!
Yep, a new bed requires new linen!
I've had a Queen these last 5 years.
Time for a King! 
I just love making my bed feel as comfy as a 5 Star Hotel!
Now it will be as big as one too! 

I am wearing...
...my Lularoe's, still!
It's either them or my PJ'S. 
They are the most accessible clothing for me to put on and off right now.

I am hoping...
...that things continue to go in the direction they have been.
This broken arm seems to have been a blessing in disguise.

I am learning...
...to do my exercises one step at a time.
I was so discouraged the first day of therapy.
I couldn't do what the therapist was asking me to do.
A week later, it's improving. 
Can't wait for the day I can put my arms over my head!
In my kitchen...
...is the makings for tonight's dinner, Spaghetti and Meatballs. 

In my garden...
...the only change is the annuals are beginning to bloom!
The flowers are so beautiful on this tree.
The hummingbirds love it.
I still have no desire to get out there and putt around.
Keeping up with the house seems to be enough right now!

A moment from my day
...a moment from one of my days last month.
Keven Harvick's burnout after his win at ISM Raceway in Phoenix.


If you want to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, click HERE and follow the steps she has made available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails