Sunday, April 23, 2017

What does it mean when a dove flutters at your window?

A white-tailed dove fluttered at my window awhile back. Didn't ram into the window, just did that fluttering thing in front of it like a hummingbird can dance around a feeder. It startled me and I thought how odd. Was it checking me out?

It happened again a few days later. By the time I grabbed my camera it was gone.

What the heck? Is this normal for doves to do this?

Just the other day one of my hummingbirds did the same thing! We laughed because I hadn't filled the feeders and it was telling me it was out. They really have become very friendly. By the way, I'm up to 4 feeders now and looks like half a dozen or more fly around my yard.

Of course I had to google it!

The first thing that came up was...

Q:

Is there an omen for birds flying into windows?


A:

QUICK ANSWER


According to Nature Center Magazine, a common superstition says that birds flying into homes through windows or flying into closed windows signifies that death is approaching. The most common form of this superstition is that birds, especially black birds, are an omen that a loved one is going to die soon. 
CONTINUE READING


But this was a Dove not a Black Bird? It didn't hit or run into my window?
Q:

What is the superstition involving a bird hitting a window?


A:

QUICK ANSWER


It is said that if a bird flies into a window, that it portends a death. The Cornell Ornithology Lab, however, has a different explanation for why birds collide with windows. Quite simply, they mistake reflections in windows for open space. 
CONTINUE READING


Another try rephrasing my question, I found this forum called Spiritual Forums.

Spiritual Forums Spirituality & Beliefs Signs & Synchronicities

There was a question,

"Does anyone know what this means, if anything?

Earlier I was sitting on my bed and a chickadee came and was fluttering as close to the window..."


Forums are interesting. Years ago, when the IBM first showed up, I belonged to a few. Soon I just became a reader and haven't posted in years. But I do find them informative. As I read, she too found the same information I had about the death thing. But as I read on, others commented with a more favorable meaning.

"...birds fluttering against the windows and seeming to try to get in were signs of guardian angels watching over.."

"...it means that the house it is trying to get in has good people and good energy..."

This one pertained to dreams of birds but said it has the same meaning in real life as well.

"Bird


To see birds in your dream symbolize your goals, aspirations and hopes. To dream of chirping and/or flying birds, represent joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You are experiencing spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.


To dream of dead or dying birds indicates disappointments. You will find yourself worrying over problems that are nagging on your mind.


To dream of birds on the attack means that you are being pulled into too many directions. You are experiencing conflict with your spirituality. If the birds are trying to break into houses, then it implies that you are not following your desired path in life. Others are meddling in your life and interfering with your life path.


To see bird eggs in your dream symbolize money.


To see birds hatching in your dream symbolize delayed success.


To see a bird nest in your dream symbolizes independence, refuge and security. You need something to fall back on. Alternatively, it may signify a prosperous endeavor, new opportunities, and fortune

As I read and with my experiences with all the birds I have, some of those meanings do make some sense. With all the chirping and flying, watching a hummingbird build a nest, in fact I see many nest daily and I watching her lay eggs and hatching, I can see how they might have been a part of everything but will always give God the full credit.

Since it was a Dove, a bird of Love, not a Black Bird, I will rule out that theory of death right off the bat. Even with the sadness surrounding us right now, I just can't let myself think it represents death.

It did try to land on what might appear to be a sill to a bird, only it is a very thin edge not really a sill at all. I had just cleaned my windows, so the reflection suggestion could also explain it.

Last year, at the beginning of spring, I had a few Finches fly onto the back of my Bistro chairs, sit for a while and then fly off again. I continue to have other birds land on my hummingbird feeder and enjoy the beverage I supply. I don't know if that is normal, but in my world it is.

I don't have a lot of seed feeders, and thinking I should get some. I have already picked up more hummingbird feeders and placing them further out in the yard I should have better natural lighting to capture them.

I guess it all boils down to what an individuals own beliefs are as to how to bring meaning to something that just might be as simple as the bird lost his direction.

I just see it as Gods way of reminding us He is the one in control. All creatures came from Him. He uses all of us for His glory. How can I not believe the Guardian Angel theory. How can I not see this as His signs, and embrace them with what ever meaning is needed for the growth ahead. For the healing and recovery from an illness. For the strength to travel the long road grief can bring. For courage. For balance. For anything that is facing anyone of us at anytime.

I will continue to enjoy my yard, my world of wonders. Our Journey Through LIFE is made up of so many moments like these.

Embracing them, praising Him for them, sharing them.

That's why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails