Monday, March 27, 2017

That Moment...

When I stepped outside my comfort zone and entered my photos in the fair was a big MOMENT for me. Walking in with my stack of self matted photos was a bit intimidating. After all, these were REAL photographers. They probably went to collage for photography. They know exactly what the fundamentals of a camera are from the lighting, to positioning, shutter speed, and so much more then I do.

They will be my judges!

My photos are very amateur. I take them with a Canon Power Shot set on auto. Rarely do I change my settings. I just try to be creative and let the subject come to life, however that will be. I can take close to 100's photos in a day while out and about or during one of our adventures, but I may only get, if I'm lucky a few dozen of real good one. For the last 10+ year my only judges have been myself and family members. Of course I receive some wonderful comments and they all make me feel like I did a good job.

The desire to learn more exist within me, and maybe one of these days, I will step out and take a class on that as well.

That Moment...

When the BIG guy, the one in charge, the one above all the other judges is looking over your work, and then comments "You're very creative!" when he wants to move my Nature photos to Scenic.

"Nature-Close and Intermediate views. May not include human elements or man made objects. Lightning, sunrises, sunsets, clouds are included in this Lot.

Scenic-Landscapes, Seascapes, Cityscapes, Architecture, may include people."

I agreed to why one was going to be moved. Though it was a sunrise there really wasn't the sun rising in it to make that determination.
However, my "Sunset on the Ocean", did have the sun in it, even if it was within the clouds, and since the sun can only rise or set on the ocean, that is when he said my interpretation of the Lot was "Creative", and it can stay in Nature.
He then moved my two Scenic photos to General.
        
 My Animals were accepted in their lot.
 As were my Macros.
He thought one of my People should go in the Portrait Lot, but two other judges disagreed.

That Moment...

When all my entries were accepted and brings a sigh of relief.

"The Superintendent of this Department and/or the Yuma County Fair, INC Management reserves the right to refuse any entry they feel is inappropriate to be displayed at the Yuma County Fair."

Now I wait to see how well they, "Faired", hehehe! Fair starts April 4th, so I won't have to wait to long.

That Moment...

When a five year old is excited to go to a "Flea Marcket" then ask. "What is a flea market?"

We bought CHEAP river rafting hats for our upcoming rafting trip down the Colorado River.

When asked if he liked the Flea Market, he said, "There was a lot of walking and no toy's."

That Moment... 

When I've been watching my tree bloom, and bloom, and bloom! I think it's the best year of flowers. We thought it was dying a few years back and needed to be removed. There were so many dead branches and very few flowers.

After cutting out the dead wood, this is what we have this year.

That Moment...

When you realize there is a hummingbird flying around the tree and you hold perfectly still in order to capture it, and you do!
Sometime I wonder how my photos would come out if I had a more professional camera. Then my realistic side speaks up and reminds me that those camera's are a lot heavier then what I have, but I sure do love the photos they create.

That Moment...

When each and every moment of any adventure along Our Journey Through LIFE is such a blessing and I just LOVE everything God puts in front of me. I LOVE the challenge of capturing them. Even my fails, though blurred, show moments that will never be forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails