Monday, February 27, 2017

Returning to Ajo

Yep!

Tomorrow we are heading back.

Seems a new problem developed that needs his attention. It will be a longer drive this time as we first must head to Tolleson to pick up some parts. Then backtrack back again.


This time I plan to have hubby drop me off at the Plaza.


PLAZA
The heart of the community, the graceful plaza, was built in 1917 under the direction of John Greenway’s wife Isabella. The Spanish Colonial Revival style town square features a center park surrounded by retail shops, a post office and restaurants accented with two mission-style churches. The Catholic Church was built in 1924 and the Federated Church in 1926. The plaza with its beautiful center park is truly Ajo’s town center—a place for festivals and celebrations, morning walks, and meeting friends for coffee. The plaza was purchased by the International Sonoran Desert Alliance in 2008 and is in the midst of a multi-year process of restoration and revitalization.

This photo was taken from their website.
From what I have read, there is a lot within walking distance of each other so I should be able to soak up some of the culture and maybe capture some of it as well. 
I just hope my legs will allow me this adventure. They're not to bad right now. Since PT isn't till Wednesday, they should be good to go. I'll just take it one step at a time and enjoy what journey I can. Come Thursday it might be a different story.
Anything will be better then sitting in a parking lot again waiting and watching him repair their water system. Even that is better then sitting at home!
Here we go again, let the next adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails