Tuesday, January 24, 2017

WHOO Me!

My first trip out to Cibola National Wildlife brought me exactly what I had hoped for. 


Last year I learned that these rock piles were actually habitats for burrowing owls, and I wanted to capture them. So last week when I tagged along for their monthly service, hubby drove the Goose Loop Road for me in hopes we would see something.


We were just about to the end of Goose Loop Road when hubby spotted it. We actually drove past it and he caught it in the review mirror. He didn't want to back up in fear it would make it fly off.



Needless to say I was ecstatic! I mean I really thought it was going to take a couple trips to actually see one. But the first time we went looking? I couldn't believe it!

It was a great day all around at the refuge.

The river was really low showing some sand bars 
we hadn't seen in a long time. 

 The mallards have filled their pond. 
All hubby has to do it say "BOOM!" and they fly!
 I caught this coyote with it's breakfast. 
 A Canadian Geese taking flight.

He has to go back out next Monday and I plan to tag along again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails