Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Third Time's A Charm?


After the first two experiences I must admit, I had my doubts! 

Where was my FAITH?

And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.

I doubted their ability. I doubted what they were saying. 

Having had my fair share of being schmoozed before, my guard tends to go up before a pray can be said. Before I could even write a note to say a pray, I was overcome with seeing it answered before I even asked.

I am so very blessed that these laborers kept coming back to fix what they didn't get right the first time, or even the second time. They could have refused to come back, or the company could have sent other guys out, or maybe they didn't have other guys to send out. What ever, or however you want to believe it, these guys, they were the answer to my prayers. They wanted to do it right and I am so happy they stuck with it (and me) to achieve the end result. 

Against all recommendations, they believed they could get the cabinets back into place without taking off the granite or separating the cabinets. I silently prayed to believe in them too!  

Look what they did! 


I am beyond happy, I'm ecstatic! 

I am also very, very relieved that the part of this job, and the one that worried me the most, is over. I really, really didn't want to have to take apart the entire kitchen, to replace all the granite if this side broke. Really, like I would be the one doing the actual work! It's just that sometimes, when you take something apart, there's a good chance it might not go back together the same way. 

They told me it would go back together and would be like new! Why couldn't I believe in them? Why did the kitchen go back together the way it did when other professionals said it couldn't, shouldn't, and would possibly crack or break the granite?

WHY? I believe it has a lot to do with my continued daily prays on not just that, but with my issues over this trust stuff, are being heard also. Something I have been working hard on, and something I will continue to work on. 

The dictionary defines trust as “a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something”

Most of my prayers don't always go unanswered. Sometimes they are prayed on for many different periods of times before answers are presented. Some may not be answered the way I had hoped they would be answered, but answered all the same. Prayers have no time limit or expiration date. They are answered when they are, and when that happens, I am not shy to say, "That was a God moment!"



As my kitchen continues to look more like a kitchen again, I will keep my eye out for more answered prayers along Our Journey Through LIFE!

Still "2 weeks" on the flooring!

Praying!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails