Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Great Times!

Oh how I love this time  of year!

The ”JOY” is probably, no it WILL BE abundant this year!

And it already began with a trip up north for my baby brother’s (he,he,he! I just LOVE calling him that!) 50th Birthday. Oh the JOY!

I love him so much. You can check out the book I did for him here.

Click here to view this photo book larger

Shutterfly baby photo books are the perfect way to preserve your baby's precious moments.

It really wasn’t the most perfect time to go since there was this HUGE storm coming through but what the hey, our life has been a series of storms and we can navigate just about anything now a days.

We had to stop about 3 hours early the first leg due to sideways rain and lots of water on the highway which made it almost impossible to see where you are going.

Rested and scattered blue skies the next morning we headed over the grapevine.


Once on the mountain our visibility diminished some. Thick air as my  hubby says.


But once over it was basically clear and near perfect driving conditions.


When you see this sign you know you are getting close.



Sorry it is blurry but my canon isn’t functional at the moment so this trips photos are all from my cell phone. I love the iPhone 4s camera, it takes much better photos then my old phone did.

Nothing serious with the canon just a new card but I seem to be dragging my feet maybe in hopes that maybe a new one Santa might bring!


Since everyone was still at work when we arrive we decide to make a few stops.











Jelly Belly Factory is always a stop. Love the Belly Flops, they sell for buy 3 get 2 free and should last us till the spring, hopefully. After we stopped in at Farberware where they were having their annual open house. BIG SCORE!


Then were welcomed by only the scarecrows when we made it to my best friends house where we will spend the next 4 days.


Catching up over good food finished off our first day in the valley.

Our plans for the next day was to visit hubby’s best friend, who by the way lives on top a mountain. We wake to rain of course, not pouring so manageable but I know that with the rain comes water in the creek that one must drive over to get to his house. With as much rain as they already got over night it means we must use the foot bridge to get across. All the way up the mountain I’m praying for strength because 1. I am afraid of heights and 2. I am REALLY afraid of heights on a suspended bridge!

Though the  drive was a bit tense at times, the scenery was gorgeous!



















I was worrying and I won’t deny it! However as we crested Cobb Mountain there were blue skies ahead. I so wanted them to be were we were going and my prayers were answered. God opened up a window for this visit to happen and will always praise him for making tough times in life bearable.


The skies stayed clear for a few hours giving us plenty of time to catch up. When the window began to close again it was time to make our way back across the roaring creek. The drive back to where we were staying was pleasant with a few short stops at a brothers and another friends before calling it a day.

Saturday began with rain, not heavy but enough to alter our plans of driving to Sonoma, so we went back to Farberware for more gifts. I was sad but knew it was out of my control. When leaving the store, busier then our first trip and LONGER lines, we walked out to blue skies. WHAHOO! Thank you God for opening yet another window for us. We unloaded the car and set our GPS…





  I just LOVE this lady! My MIL’s long time friend who took over being the Great Grandma to my grands after her trip to heaven. She had another stroke back in April and am so happy she is still with us. Pure JOY!



Our visit was short but memorable and it was time to head to my brother’s for his 50th celebration. It was a great night and I enjoyed visiting with my sister’s and their families.

780   782

784    787


793     796


The next morning we woke to being flooded! The rain was coming down so hard and for so long the streams and drains couldn’t keep up.

802     803

804     805

806      807

809      810

A RIVER of water, horse crap and dirt just flowed through her place like you wouldn’t believe. We were there, shoveling and detouring the water and still didn’t believe how fast and furious it came. What a mess it left behind! Did I mention this was all happening at 7 AM. Nice!

Once things were under control, a trip to Lowes was needed for weapons of mass destruction for the ants that will surely be running for high and dry ground. By mid afternoon the skies cleared once again for us to head up to a play my cuz’s twins were in. (Cuz because at one time her dads sister was married to my dads brother, however we still go by cuz and have been best friends since birth, though we have no memories before 3) Her daughters go to the same high school we did so it was a blast to the past as well. Not much changed in 37 years. The play was pretty good.  I remember so many of the events portrayed though I was just a kid. Great music, too!

813         815


822    823

Afterwards we went out to dinner, then stopped by and visited his brother before calling it another day. 6AM comes early and we must be rested for the drive home.

All in all it was a great extended weekend and after a few days of rest I will need to get on the ball and do the rest of our own holiday prep.  No rain in the forecast for the desert! Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts...


Related Posts with Thumbnails