Tuesday, July 26, 2011

As if...

...we haven't had our fare share of life around here lately.


Though we continue to embrace all the positive things that have risen far and above any of the negative, but really, can we just for a while not wake up to a day where we have to navigate around it.

As if...

Orders being messed up, for a rather LARGE commerical job for our business, from a vendor who dropped the ball, which caused delays, which could result in penalties for not finishing on time....wasn't enough!

As if...

Your service trucks drive line breaking while in service, causing the frame to break, requiring it to be towed, resulting in an emergency repairs so to baby it along, while researching options to replace it....was needed right now!

As if...

The huge pump truck, that was coming in for the above job, knew it would break down in route, delaying it a day...was what they needed also. Blessings in disguised...it gave time to fix the the drive line in the service truck though.


As if...

We planned for the toilet in the master bath to break. Thankfully it was a quick and cheap fix, but still required the added trip to the hardware store that he had already been to, how many times already that day?

As if...


We should have known the toilet breaking was just the beginning of other things to follow suit. More light bulbs burning out, shower heads needing replaced, dish washer having issues, ice machine leaking, and to add to all it, now the septic problems of today. Great thing to find out while in the shower!

As if...

One would think a week of that would be enough, but no! Right in the middle of all that, it seems something else just had to happen that needed to be dealt with. Just one more thing...really...why not...I mean...bring it on,  I can deal with it!

My computer crashed, burned, and is offically dead!

Praise God my hubby took me out that very evening and bought me a new one, but...

As if...

I don't know it is just a material item. After all it was just a laptop. Sure it had some of my journeling on it and all my pictures for the year, (thankfully I moved years of pictures to an external hard drive and only kept current ones on it) but I have learned from past experiences, these can be recovered.

However for 6 years that laptop traveled this journey with me. It went everywhere with me. It held some of my most deepest thoughts and secrets (shh, don't tell). Not just the ones I kept in a file, or thoughts shared here, but ones that I would write while traveling, while waiting, while going through this or that, to him or her, ones to get the junk out of my trunk so my load was a bit lighter. During these times I would write, and write, and write even more, like therapy writing. Words no one would ever read. Words I hope I would never have to say. (ok,so I have put my foot in my mouth a few times, hence why I write and delete it!) They would only be saved until they were no longer needed. Discarded like a bad book. But though deleted or what will be recovered, the keys that were pressed, the top that was shut when I had had enough, that laptop will no longer be a part of it.

As if...

My fingers don't already miss how they danced across that key pad with ease. It didn't have a backspace tab anymore, but it still worked. It didn't have a camera, but was going to get one so to skype. It didn't have GB's of space, thus the external. But it was my BF!

I am now forced, pushed, thrown into learning a new laptop with new functions, different keys, and those keys, when pressed, even feel differently. Kind of like life, right.

As if...

Lately we all haven't had some new things, things to get through other things, things that take us to more new things happening around us.

It's Our Journey Through LIFE and

As If...

 this little guy just doesn't make the journey blessed...



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it pours when it rains and it's not always fun. I pray life will look up for you soon.
    Of course the adorable grandchildren light up our lives. You little one is adorable! We spent time with our 3 year old granddaughter on Sat. while her parents and baby brother went to a museum. We took her to see her great grandma and then to lunch. Then took her home and we stayed there few hours then came home here. It's been a busy weekend for us..up to church today. Am gonna go now but wanted to stop in, haven't visited in awhile. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails